Online Bachelor of Arts in Latino Studies
School of Arts and Humanities
Online Format: Online asynchronous
- 100% Online - no attendance required on campus
- Affordable tuition
- Choose from courses offered in winter, spring, summer and fall
- Courses taught by dedicated, caring faculty who are experts in Latino Studies
- Ideal to work with Latin American and Latino populations, whether it be in business, media, education, health, or technology
Program Description and Career Opportunities
Our Latino Studies major (LTS) centers the experience of migration as a key analytic in a globally-minded study of the US-Latin American and the Caribbean relationship. Our courses are interdisciplinary and connect with African and African-American Studies, Women’s Studies, History, Spanish, Sociology, Anthropology, Politics, Economics, and more.
- Complete at least 120 credits
- Complete at least 30 credits In Residence at Lehman College (Credits in residence are defined as credits earned in Lehman College course work).
- Complete at least 90 credits in Liberal Arts and Sciences Content Courses
- Complete a minimum GPA of 2.0
- Learn more about degree requirements
Lehman College accepts both entering freshmen and transfer students and admission to the Online Bachelor of Arts in Latino Studies program is based on general admission requirements of Lehman College/CUNY.
For testing requirements for incoming freshmen, transfer students, and information regarding CUNY assessment test exemptions, please visit the testing website.
The cost per credit hour is $305 (in-state tuition & fees).
- February 1; rolling basis beginning mid-February to July 1
- September 15; rolling basis beginning mid-October to December 15
Note: The maximum total number of credits that may be transferred towards the degree at Lehman College from Associate degree granting institutions is 70. Students must satisfy the requirement that at least 30 credits as well as at least half of the credits in the major or in an interdisciplinary program, minor or certificate be completed at Lehman College.
No transfer student may be granted more than 90 credits toward the degree. Students must satisfy the requirement that 30 credits as well as one-half the credits in the major and half in the minor or half the credits in an interdisciplinary program be completed in residence at Lehman.
Contact Program Chairs
Teresita Levy, Ph.D.
Mila Burns, Ph.D.,