Certified Clinical Medical Assistant Online
The Certified Clinical Medical Assistant program combines classroom instruction with practical experience through an internship in a community-based medical practice or a hospital. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the occupation of medical assistant is expected to grow 34 percent in five years and they will become more and more an integral part of the health care system.
Clinical medical assistants provide both administrative and clinical services in various healthcare settings such as private offices, ambulatory centers, and hospitals. Lehman's program is approved by the National Healthcareer Association (NHA). After completion of the required courses, students will be eligible to take the NHA credentialing examination and be ready to join the workforce. The program also provides a test preparation class for the exam.
The Clinical Medical Assistant program prepares students through hands-on training, education in medical procedures, patient care, clinical assisting, administrative practices, and fundamentals of health sciences, giving students the qualifications, they need to fill a wide range of health care services. We offer a 100-hour internship to give you work experience in the field.
Pay average in NYC is $23 per hour ($60,000 annually).
- High School diploma or equivalency
In order to receive a program certificate, you must complete all required courses listed with a grade of C or better. To request a certificate, please send an email to email@example.com with “Certificate Request” in the subject line.
- Medical Terminology/Anatomy and Physiology: Part 1 (MAS 01 / 15 sessions / 45 hours / Online)
- Medical Terminology/Anatomy and Physiology: Part 2 (MAS 02 / 15 sessions / 45 hours / Online)
- Medical Office Business Practice: Part 1 (MAS 30 / 15 sessions / 45 hours / Online)
- Medical Office Business Practice: Part 2 (MAS 31 / 15 sessions / 45 hours / Online)
- Clinical Practice: Part 1 (MAS 40 / 17 sessions / 51 hours / Hybrid)
- Clinical Practice: Part 2 (MAS 41 / 17 sessions / 51 hours / Hybrid)
- Job Readiness (MAS 05 / 5 sessions / 15 hours / Online)
- CPR for Clinical Medical Assistants (MAS 06 / 2 sessions / 6 hours/ In-person)
- Certification Exam Review
The program above is qualified for Workforce1 ITG Vouchers. Individual Training Grant (ITG) vouchers are issued from Workforce1 Career Centers and provide funding for occupational skills training that leads to employment in New York City high-demand occupations. Become a member at a Workforce1 Center near you. Visit WORKFORCE1 website for more information.
COURSE SCHEDULE AND REGISTRATION
|Patient Care Coordinator|
|Certified Nursing Assistant|
|Healthcare Technician: CPR, First Aid, EKG, Phlebotomy|
|Medical Billing & Coding|