Online Advanced Certificate in Human Rights Education and Transformative Justice
School of Education
Online Formats: Online Asynchronous
- 100% Online - no attendance required on campus
- Earn your advanced certificate while completing graduate studies
- Select from course offerings in spring, fall, and winter
Program Description and Career Opportunities
The HRTJ program supports anyone working with youth to develop community building skills within educational organizations, teaches non-punitive conflict resolution skills, addresses school-to-prison pipeline injustices, strengthens democratic values rooted in universal human rights and respect for human dignity and helps to identify and deconstruct structural forms of oppression, which create opportunity gaps for youth.
- Degree Requirements: View Course Catalog
- An undergraduate bachelor’s degree or graduate master’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Official undergraduate or graduate transcript showing a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- One letter of recommendation from an employer, faculty or community leader to serve as academic and/or character reference.
- An essay that explains interest in pursuing this area of study and future career plans
The cost per credit hour is $470 (in-state tuition & fees).
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
|Contact Program Director
Tashika McBride, MSW,
Office Room #: CA240
Office #: 718-960-8440