Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Online
New York State Education Department approved training for those seeking employment as a CNA in hospitals, hospice facilities, home health agencies, and many other settings. Students must successfully complete the 2 course (95 hours) and the clinical rotation (30 hours) to be eligible to take the New York State (NYS) credentialing exam.
Students receive a voucher for one exam attempt for the semester, additional attempts require a testing fee to be paid. Uniform and textbook fee not included.
Pay average in NYC is $21 per hour ($40,302 annually).
- High School diploma or equivalency.
- Demonstrate fluency in English, reading test may be given.
- Physical examination is due on the 1st day of class.
- CPR 100: CPR for Health Care Providers or current American Heart Association required before clinical rotation.
- Basic computer skills are required for online learning.
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster are required for in-person clinical rotation.
ASSET Scholarship: Scholarship covers 50% of tuition for the program. For more information on how to apply click here.
- Anatomy and Physiology /Fundamentals of Patient Care Part 1
- Anatomy and Physiology /Fundamentals of Patient Care Part 2
- Clinical Rotation
Courses with clinical content are held partially in-person at CUNY on the Concourse, 2501 Grand Concourse, 3rd fl.
The program above is qualified for Workforce1 ITG Vouchers. Individual Training Grant (ITG) vouchers are issued by Workforce1 Career Centers and provide funding for occupational skills training that leads to employment in New York City high-demand occupations. Become a member of a Workforce1 Center near you.
Patient Care Technician Program for CNAs
This program is for CNAs that wish to advance to the position of patient care technician. Please see Patient Care Technician tab and page for more information
SCHEDULE AND REGISTRATION
|Patient Care Coordinator|
|Certified Clinical Medical Assistant|
|Patient Care Technician|
|Medical Billing & Coding|