Skip to Main Content Skip to Main Navigation
search this website
search this website

Lehman College Logo Click Here to go back to Homepage

Undergraduate FAQs

Undergraduate FAQ's

Academic Calendar | Admissions | Applying to Lehman | AdvisementConnect with Lehman Admissions | Enrollment | Employment | Financial Aid | Holds | Housing | International Students | Registration | Student Services | Transfer Credit Evaluation (TCE) | Technical Issues |Tuition | Visiting Students

Click Here To OpenAcademic Calendar

Q: When do classes typically start?

A: For more information about important deadlines and dates, visit the Lehman Academic Calendar

Click Here To Open Admissions

Q: I have been admitted. How do I accept my offer?

A: Applicants can accept their offer of admission through their CUNYfirst accounts by following the steps below:

  • Login to Cunyfirst
  • Once you are logged in, on the left-hand side, under “CUNYfirst Menu,” click "Student Center."
  • Scroll down to the "Admissions" section and click "View Details."
  • Offers of admission will display under each college application. To accept an offer of admission, click "I accept offer" and then confirm your acceptance.

If your file is complete and you do not see one of the options previously mentioned, please send an email to Include your name as it appears on the application, your application number and/or your EMPL ID number. The Lehman College Admissions Office will review your file and get back to you as soon as possible.

You may also view the “Accepting an Offer of Admission to CUNY” video that demonstrates step-by-step how to accept your offer of admission.

Q: I applied to Lehman as a freshman/transfer and I have not received a response from the school. How can I find out if I was accepted?

A: An admission decision is made and sent via email once the application is complete with all necessary documents and reviewed for admission consideration. You can log in to your CUNYfirst account to see the status of your application. If you have any questions regarding documents that are required, we now have live chat available, Monday through Friday from 9 to 5, and Tuesday and Wednesday until 6:30. To chat with an admissions representative visit our page at, go to the Lehman Lightening Bot on the bottom right corner and type "Agent". You can also email us at Visit this link for more information about connecting with the Admissions Office at Lehman College.

Q: I accepted my offer to attend Lehman. What should I do next?

A: Please review your application on your CUNYfirst Student Center and ensure that your commitment fee is not required. If it is required, please submit the commitment fee online.

All accepted students are required to submit a non-refundable $100 Commitment Tuition Deposit. If you are presented with the “Pay Commitment Deposit” button after accepting your offer in CUNYfirst, you can make the payment online to secure your spot at Lehman. Some students may have the Commitment Tuition Deposit waived by completing the FAFSA with an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of $3,000 or less. Veterans and other cohorts may also be exempt from paying the commitment deposit.

If you are not presented with the “Pay Commitment Deposit” button after accepting your offer in CUNYfirst, your commitment deposit checklist item should reflect a “waived” status. If you are an incoming freshman, click here for next steps. If you are an incoming transfer student, click here for next steps.

Q: I was in good academic standing before this past semester, but with the transition to remote learning due to COVID-19, I'm worried I will not do well. Could this affect my admission into Lehman?

A: We understand that this has been a very challenging time for everyone, and we will consider this when looking at your academic performance.

Q: My GPA from Lehman Is below a 2.0. How do I appeal to readmit?

A: Complete the undergraduate appeal form and email it with a letter of appeal to The letter may be attached as a PDF, Word document, or written in the body of the email. For further information regarding the appeal, please visit the Appeal FAQ page.

Q: What is the ACE program and how do I know if I am accepted?

A: Accelerate, Complete, and Engage (ACE) at Lehman College is a comprehensive program designed to help students complete their academic journey to a bachelor’s degree within two years (for transfer students) or four years (for freshmen). ACE provides a range of financial, academic, and personal supports, including intensive academic advisement and career counseling, as well as tuition, textbook, and transportation assistance. For more information, visit The Lehman College ACE Program.

Q: I see that I was admitted for the fall semester, but my start semester is the summer. Do I have to take summer courses?

A: There is no requirement to take summer courses at Lehman, unless a specific program requires this. When we admit students for the fall semester, we push their start-term to the summer in case a student would like to pursue summer course registration.

Click Here To OpenApplying to Lehman

Q: How do I apply to Lehman?

A: Visit this link for information about applying to Lehman College.

Q: What are the freshman admission requirements?

A: Please visit the following link for information about freshman admission requirements.

Q: Did Lehman College waive the SAT/ACT requirement?

A: In light of the COVID-19 crisis, we are suspending the use of SAT and ACT tests for the Spring 2021, Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 admission cycles.   Applicants will not be required to submit SAT or ACT test scores to be reviewed for admission; nor shall any submitted scores be considered in evaluating their applications. For more information visit this link.

Q: How do I know if my transcripts were received?

A: First, you should check your Application Status in CUNYfirst to see if your transcripts were received. Click here for more information about checking your application status. You can also connect with an Admission Counselor right on our website. We now have live chat available, Monday through Friday from 9 to 5, and Tuesday and Wednesday until 6:30. To chat with an admissions representative visit our page at, go to the Lehman Lightening Bot on the bottom right corner and type "Agent".

Q: I am unable to obtain a transcript from my previous school, can I submit an unofficial transcript instead?

A: We understand that due to the current pandemic, many students are having difficulty obtaining their official transcripts.  Most institutions are still sending official electronic transcripts, so you should inquire with the Registrar’s Office at your previous institution.  If you are unable to order your official transcript, you may send an unofficial transcript electronically to  Although we will temporarily accept the unofficial transcript for admission purposes, you will still be required to submit an official transcript in order to register for future classes.

Q: Can I drop off documents in-person?

A: The Lehman College campus has moved to remote operations and the enrollment offices are currently closed to in-person visitations.

Q: How do I submit proof of graduation, or test scores from high school such as IB?

A: Submit documents to

Q: What is the best way for me to send you my transcript(s)?

A: Official transcript(s) should be e-mailed electronically to via the digital credential company (e.g. Parchment, E transcript(s), National Clearinghouse, Escripts) that your previous institution(s) subscribe(s) to. Alternatively, you may scan and email the unofficial/student copy of your transcript(s) for admission purposes. However, the official transcript(s) will be required in order to maintain enrollment. If you are sending us documents with sensitive information such as social security number or date of birth, please make sure to redact (block out) that information.

Q: How do I submit my AP scores?

A: Please download a copy from the test website and submit to Please note: You will be required to submit the official copy when the college resumes operations on campus. 

Q: I have taken college-level work while in high school, how can I submit those transcripts?

A: For more information about submitting supporting documents, please visit Step 6 at the following link.

Q: How can I apply as a non-degree student?

A: Please complete the Undergraduate Non-Degree application and then upload to the Undergraduate Admissions File Drop along with the most recent college transcript or proof of Bachelor’s degree.  Please note, the non-refundable $65 application processing fee will be added to your CUNYfirst account.

Q: I was a non-degree student, but now wish to continue as a degree-seeking student. How do I go about changing my status?

A: Students who previously attended Lehman College in a non-degree status and now wish to pursue a degree program must file a Transfer Application and submit official transcript(s) from all college(s)/institution(s) attended.

Q: I am interested in readmitting to Lehman College. What should I do? 

A: If you stopped attending Lehman College with a GPA of 2.0 or higher, and wish to return to complete your degree, you must apply for readmission to the Undergraduate Admissions Office. Please complete the Readmission Application Request Form. We will review your account to determine eligibility and then send you the readmit application. Further instructions will be sent to you at that time.

Q: I am applying for readmission/non-degree. How do I pay for the application fee?

A: The readmission and non-degree application fee will be added to your tuition bill.

Q: What are the requirements to apply for the Nursing program?

A: If you do not already have an RN degree, you have to complete the pre-requisites before you apply to the Nursing program. The Nursing program application is available in the spring to Lehman College students. Students have to complete all prerequisites. The GPA requirement is a 2.75 or higher in the sciences. A pre-nursing exam, HESI, is also required for admission.  Keep in mind this is a very competitive program. Visit the Undergraduate Bulletin for more information.

Q: How do I apply for the Nursing program?

A: Admission to the Nursing program is a two-step process. First, you must be admitted to Lehman, and once admitted there is a separate Nursing program application. For additional information, click here.

Click Here To OpenAdvisement

Q: I have been accepted to Lehman and would like to schedule an appointment with an academic advisor so that I can register. How can I make this appointment?

A: As long as you have committed to Lehman College, the advising offices will be in touch with you via email or text about setting up an appointment.

Q: What advisement offices work with freshmen?

A: There are a number of offices that work with our incoming freshmen. The GPS (Go. Persist. Succeed.) Program works with our incoming freshmen on advisement, registration and all other areas to help them through the enrollment funnel. Many students also enter in special programs such as SEEK, ACE, PTS3 which all offer advisement and support through the enrollment process.

Q: I am a new transfer student, how do I speak to an academic advisor?

A: If you have been admitted to Lehman College, you may schedule an advisement appointment with your dedicated Advisement Office here

Q: I am a new transfer and have an advisement hold. What should I do?

A: You need to meet with an advisor in order to have the hold removed and to register. To schedule an advisement appointment (online or telephone), please click them at with your name, CUNYfirst (EmpL) ID, major, and a phone number where they can reach you to discuss an appointment time.

Q: How can I declare my major?

A: If you have earned or are transferring 60 or more credits (a combination of credits earned and credits currently in progress), you must declare an Academic Plan (major) before registering for classes. In order to access iDeclare, you must first claim your Lehman account. Once your iDeclare request is submitted online, you can check its status in Lehman 360.

Click Here To OpenConnect with Lehman Admissions

Q: If I have questions and would like to meet with an admissions counselor, can I set up an appointment? 

A: We now have live chat available, Monday through Friday from 9 to 5, and Tuesday and Wednesday until 6:30. To chat with an admissions representative visit our page at, go to the Lehman Lightening Bot on the bottom right corner and type "Agent."

You can meet with an Admission Counselor virtually. Please make an appointment to learn more about the enrollment process, or to find answers to any questions you may have about Lehman. 

Q: Will information sessions or campus tours be offered?

A: Yes, we are offering virtual information sessions weekly. To see our schedule and register for a session click here. While you are currently unable to visit the campus in person, you can take a virtual tour of the campus.

Q: Is the campus open?

A: Lehman College has moved to remote operations and the enrollment offices are closed for in-person visitations. Representatives from all campus offices are accessible virtually, and we encourage you to visit the individual offices webpages to learn about their virtual office hours and contact information.

Q: What is the best way to get in touch with someone in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions now that no visitors are allowed on campus?

A: We now have live chat available, Monday through Friday from 9 to 5, and Tuesday and Wednesday until 6:30. To chat with an admissions representative visit our page at, go to the Lehman Lightening Bot on the bottom right corner and type "Agent". You can also email us at Visit this link for more information about connecting with the Admissions Office at Lehman College.

Q: How long will it take for an email reply?

A: Due to increased email traffic during this time of remote operations, it typically takes up to five business days to receive a response email. We thank you for your patience during these difficult times.

Click Here To OpenEnrollment

Q: How do I submit documents electronically to complete my enrollment process, after I have been admitted?

A: Admitted students who have received an email requesting additional supporting documents (e.g. proof of green card, proof of name, proof of residency), should submit the scanned requested document(s) via our Undergraduate Admissions File Drop. If you do not have access to a scanner, download a free scanning application to capture the image. Be sure to use a solid background and avoid any shadows or other objects in the image.

Q: If I need to postpone my enrollment for a semester what should I do?

A: Students who accept their offer of admission and commit to Lehman College can have their enrollment deferred for up to 1 year (2 semesters). Once you commit for a semester but do not register for courses, you will be sent an email shortly after the add/drop period offering you an opportunity to defer your enrollment to a future semester. Once you receive that email, complete the imbedded survey and your enrollment will be automatically deferred. You can also let us know if you are planning to defer.

Q: How do I go about getting my Lehman ID card?

A: New students (including transfer students), faculty, and staff can obtain a photo ID card using the Office of Public Safety’s online photo ID card system. Please visit this link for more information.

Click Here To OpenEmployment

Q: How can I work at Lehman?

A: When you apply for Financial Aid by filling out a free FAFSA form online, you should answer “Yes” to the Work Study question. This will enable you to be considered for Federal Work-Study (FWS) employment. You can also go to the CUNY website for employment opportunities.

Q: What is the Federal Work-Study program?

A: Federal Work-Study is campus-based federal Title IV financial aid that comes in the form of employment. FWS is applied for through the FAFSA application. To be eligible, students must enroll in a matriculated course of study and register for at least six credits. Students receive FWS funds according to the number of hours worked. The rate of pay is at least minimum wage. Students are encouraged to choose job placements with an eye towards community service and/or future vocational interests. FWS funds are limited and are awarded to students on a first-come, first-served basis. The earliest applications have the best possibility of receiving FWS funds.

For more information, please visit this link.

Click Here To OpenFinancial Aid

Q: I need help doing my financial aid forms. Who can I contact?

A: You should contact the Financial Aid Office at to see how the department is helping students during remote operations.

Q: How will I be notified about my financial aid package?

A: The Office of Financial Aid sends out the financial aid package to students once it is ready. The financial aid package is dependent on several factors, including successful submission of the FAFSA and completion of all requested verification documents. You can always reach Financial Aid at their email address, which is

Q: Should I send tax verification documents to the Office of Financial Aid email address or upload the documents to CUNYfirst?

A: To learn more about uploading financial aid documents, please click here, or watch this short video.

Once uploaded, please allow up to 21 business days for processing. In addition, please check your Lehman email for any updates, additional documents, etc. that may be required to finalize your Financial Aid. Once we have finalized the review of your documents, we will clear all documents requested, which will stop the communications you are receiving to submit these documents.

Q: Is there any specific financial aid available for DACA students?

A: For information pertaining to DACA, please visit CUNY's Citizenship Now or Lehman's information page on DACA.

Q: What is the Excelsior Program? How am I considered for it, and how does it get applied to my tuition?

A: The Excelsior Program enables eligible New York State residents to attend a CUNY college tuition-free. Recipients of this award must have a family income of $125,000 for 2019-20, have filed the FAFSA along with the TAP and Excelsior Scholarship applications, attend full-time, and complete 30 credits per year. Awardees must also agree to reside exclusively in New York State, and cannot be employed in any other state for a continuous number of years equal to the duration of the award.

The Excelsior Scholarship will be applied to each qualifying student's financial aid package after all other aid, including TAP, Pell, City Council Scholarship, college scholarships and other grants or scholarships are applied.

Read Excelsior Scholarship FAQs.

Click Here To OpenHolds

Q: I have a residency hold. What should I do?

A: Admitted students who have received an email requesting proof of residency need to complete the Undergraduate Application for New York State Residency Form and upload along with the required supporting documents via our Undergraduate Admissions File Drop.

Q: What does ‘Proof of Status’ mean?

A: Proof of status is any document that shows your status in the U.S.  Examples are green (permanent) residency card, U.S. passport, naturalization certificate, employment authorization, F1 status, asylee status, etc.

Q: How do I submit my green card or proof of status?

A: Students who are required to submit additional documentation will receive an e-mail and should securely upload the requested document(s) via our Undergraduate Admissions File Drop.

Q: How can I have my Alien Registration Card/Proof of Permanent Resident visa status hold removed?

A: In order to remove your hold please submit the requested document(s) via our Undergraduate Admissions File Drop.

Q: I have an Immunizations Hold on my record. What should I do?

A: For details about immunizations requirements, visit the Student Health Center. The documents can be submitted online through Lehman 360.

Click Here To OpenHousing

Q: Does Lehman College offer housing for students?

A: Housing and Residential Services at Lehman College provides students with resources and information that will assist in making their search for housing a smooth and stress-free transition. For more information, please visit this link.

Click Here To OpenInternational Students

Q: I was educated outside of the U.S. and have accepted the offer to attend Lehman College. Who can I contact about the visa process?

A: You should be in touch with the International Student & Scholar Office (ISSO). Please visit the website for more information.

Q: How can I submit a transcript(s) from a school outside of the United States?

A: Please submit your transcript(s) to the University Application Processing Center (UAPC). You can find more information here.

Click Here To OpenRegistration

Q: How do I register for classes?

A: All continuing Undergraduate and Graduate students register via self-service in CUNYfirst during their assigned enrollment appointment. Assigned enrollment (registration) appointments are for the CUNYfirst system; students are not required to attend in-person registration. Registration information is communicated via email to students’ Lehman email accounts.

New incoming Freshmen students are provided information and transitional support regarding advising, enrollment, and academic guidance through Freshman College. For more information, click here.

New incoming Transfer students must meet with an academic advisor prior to registration for their first term. Students may make an advising appointment online to meet with an academic advisor by clicking here.

Visit the Office of Registrar’s website for more information about course registration.

Q: Can I register for classes earlier than the date provided in my CUNYfirst account?

A: New incoming students have a pre-determined registration date, however once you meet with Academic Advisement, they may be able to adjust the registration date accordingly. Please inquire during your Academic Advisement Appointment.

Q: The class I want is closed. Can the Admissions Department put me into the class?

A: Only the individual academic department can “over-tally” a class. Please reach out to the appropriate department via email. Each department’s contact information may be found in the directory.

Q: When I try to register for a class it says that permission is needed. What does that mean?

A: Certain courses require departmental permission to register. If you attempt to register for a course and permission is required, you should contact the department that offers the course in order to request permission to enroll in the class. Each department’s contact information may be found in the directory.

Click Here To OpenStudent Services

Q: Does Lehman College offer childcare?

A: Lehman College has a Student Child Care Center which is committed to providing the children and families of the College’s student body with the highest quality early child care programs and support possible. Eligibility for the Child Care Center is contingent upon your status a currently enrolled, matriculated Lehman College student. For more information, please visit the Childcare Center website.

Q: How do I register for student disability services?

A: If you are a student with a disability you are not alone. There are almost six hundred students with a wide range of disabilities registered with our office. The Office of Student Disability Services (SDS) welcomes you and is here to assist you to achieve your academic goals.

SDS works together with the entire Lehman community to ensure access to all areas of campus life and provides appropriate academic adjustments, programs and services to individual students.  It also serves as a resource to the faculty.

To learn more please contact our office at 718 960-8441 or send us an email at You can also visit our website.

Q: Does Lehman offer tutoring?

A: Lehman College offers a wide variety of instructional support services. Please visit the website for information about tutoring and support services.

Q: I'm having trouble completing the SPARC Training. What should I do?

A: SPARC is an online training program developed by the State University of New York in partnership with CUNY. Its purpose is to educate members of an institution’s community, on what the policies are, how they can report incidents and resources to assist them.  All students must complete this training. Visit here for more information.

Q: Is there student parking on campus?

A: Limited parking is available to students for approximately $75 per semester and is offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Visit the Campus Activities site for more information.

Q: I graduated from Lehman College. How can I get my diploma?

A: As a Lehman graduate, to get a copy of your diploma you will need to contact the Registrar’s Office. The office can be reached at or at 718-960-8255.

Click Here To OpenTransfer Credit Evaluation (TCE)

Q: What is a TCE?

A: Once you have accepted your offer and committed to enrolling at Lehman, our TCE office will determine how your courses will transfer from your previous institution(s). You will be notified by email and/or text messages about the status of your TCE. Also, if you are a non-CUNY transfer and have courses in progress at your previous institution at the time you applied to Lehman, you must submit your final official transcript and proof of degree (if applicable) once the grades have been posted so that we can consider those courses for transfer credit as well.

Q: Considering the campus is closed, how long will the transfer credit evaluation take to complete?

A: TCEs are still being completed in a timely manner. If you have accepted your Lehman offer/committed, you will receive an e-mail to inform you that your TCE is complete. If three weeks have passed and you have not heard from us, please contact so we can check your status.

Q: I recently committed to Lehman College and want to know when my TCE will be completed?

A: We are glad to know that you will be joining us for the upcoming semester! Now that you’ve accepted our offer and paid the commitment deposit (or maybe your deposit was waived), it will take about two-to-three business weeks for your TCE to be completed. Once it is completed, you will receive an email detailing your next steps, which involves meeting with an academic advisor and registering for classes.

You can also monitor your progress through the Student Center of CUNYfirst, where you can see any holds you have on the upper right side of the page. You can see if your TCE has been posted by choosing Transfer Credit Report in the drop-down menu under Academics.

Click Here To OpenTechnical Issues

Q: How do I update my CUNYfirst account if I already have an account with another CUNY school?

A: Once you have committed to Lehman College and registered for courses, you will see your CUNYfirst college-affiliation change from your previously attended CUNY college to Lehman College. Even prior to this change of college affiliation, your 'To-Do' list in CUNYfirst will display Lehman-specific action items.

Q: How can I claim my Lehman account?

A: Another important step in the enrollment process is claiming your Lehman account and campus email address. Your Lehman account will give you access to many necessary tools and systems. You will receive login instructions on how to claim these accounts shortly after you have accepted the offer and committed. Once you have claimed your Lehman email account, make sure to check it regularly for important updates.

Q: I graduated from Lehman College. How can I get my diploma?

A: As a Lehman graduate, to get a copy of your diploma you will need to contact the Registrar’s Office. The office can be reached at or at 718-960-8255. This is repeated – also under Registration area

Click Here To OpenTuition

Q: Will tuition be reduced as a result of the recent pandemic?

A: Our affordable tuition rates will remain unchanged for now. For up-to-date information on tuition, please visit the CUNY tuition and fees page.

Q: How do I submit my payments each semester?

A: Tuition payment can be made online via e-check or credit/debit card, or in person at the Bursar's Office. For more information, please visit Tuition Options page.

Q: When does the first tuition payment have to be sent in?

A: Tuition must be submitted prior to the first day of classes or else you risk being dropped from your classes. For more information, visit the Academic Calendar.

Q: How do I set up a payment plan?

A: Please visit the following link to watch a video about how to enroll in a Nelnet Payment Plan.

Click Here To OpenVisiting Students

Q: How can I be a visiting student at Lehman College?

A: If you are currently enrolled at another college and would like to take courses at Lehman for a semester then return to your home college, you will need to complete the visiting student application. Click here for more information.

For questions about the process, please e-mail
For current tuition rates based on NYS residency status, please visit the Tuition and Fees website.

Q: How can I apply for an ePermit?

A: Students who wish to take a course at a CUNY College other than their HOME College, will need to file for an ePermit using CUNYfirst. The CUNYfirst process will allow students to request permission from their HOME College to attend the other CUNY College(s) and enroll for course(s) throughout CUNY, based on established transfer rules. For more information about applying for an ePermit, click here.