Online Master of Arts in
Health Education and Promotion
School of Health Sciences, Human Services, and Nursing
Online Format: Online asynchronous
- 100% Online – no attendance required on campus
- Affordable Tuition
- Choose from courses offered in winter, spring, summer and fall semesters
- Earn your degree in as little as 12-18 months
- No GRE required
- Courses taught by dedicated, caring faculty who are experts in community health education
Program Description and Career Opportunities
The online MA in Health Education and Promotion provides students with the opportunity to develop skills and competencies as health and wellness professionals.
This degree is also ideal for a variety of other jobs in the health and human services sectors such as health administrator, case manager, health writer/editor, patient services coordinator, health program specialist, patient advocate, and director of corporate wellness.
Students completing the program are qualified to sit for the national exam to be a Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) or Master Certified Health Education Specialist (MCHES). Graduates find work as health educators in hospitals, clinics, community-based organizations, and in federal, state, and local government offices.
- Degree Requirements: View Program Catalog
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 2.75 GPA in undergraduate studies
- Three letters of recommendation and a personal statement.
The cost per credit hour is $470 (in-state tuition & fees).
- Fall: April 15
- Spring: October 18
|Contact Program Director
Dr. Craid Demmer,
MA Program Director