Student Records

The University has developed a solution that will enable students to securely upload documents that are required by colleges in the Offices of the Registrar, Financial Aid, and Student Health Services. Upon submission, these documents are stored in a student document repository and will be viewable by designated administrators in these offices.

This feature, called “Document Upload” is available in CUNYfirst under the Student Tools Tile. The feature allows students to select the desired document classification (Office of the Registrar, Financial Aid and Student Health Services), and then provides a menu of document types for the classification selected. Files can be sent as PDFs, Microsoft Office files and photos of documents (JPEGs).

For instructions on how to utilize the new “Document Upload” feature, click here.

(Majors, Minors, Advanced Certificates, Tracks, Concentrations, and Specializations)

The Office of the Registrar maintains and processes all information pertaining to a student's academic record. This includes personal information, grades, Declaration of Academic Plan/ Sub-Plan, requests for record modifications and credit taken on permit.

Undergraduate students must declare a plan by the time they have earned/ transferred 60 credits. This is most important for students receiving financial aid; visit our Financial Aid website for detailed information. For Graduate students, the form can be obtained in our online forms section of our website. The form must be completed and signed by the current and new Program Advisor before returning to the Office of Graduate Studies via email at All completed forms must have all required signatures for processing.

iDeclare is the online Declaration of Academic Plan and/or Sub Plan workflow. This process allows students to initiate a request to declare, change, or drop their major and/ or minor online. Requests submitted online are reviewed by the appropriate departmental officials for approval and processing. Click here for instructions on how to initiate an iDeclare request. 

Students can also check the status of a submitted request by logging onto iDeclare and click the “Status” option in the menu or checking their Lehman College email for confirmation and alerts regarding their requests. iDeclare is now available to all undergraduate students, including second degree students.

Students who need to drop a major and/ or minor can do so by submitting a request in iDeclare. Students can drop additional majors or any minors declared on their record. Students cannot drop their only major on record, as all students must have one declared major on their record. You can opt to change your major.

Please Note: Some departments may require students to make a virtual advising appointment before the iDeclare request is approved.

For more detailed information on the ePermit process, click here. If you experience any issues, you may contact the Office of the Registrar via email at, for assistance.