Academic Personnel Recruitment and Appointment
- Candidate Travel Policy (January 2017)
- Guidelines for Candidate Travel
Digital Measures Implementation and Support
Faculty Development Initiatives
- Writing Across the Curriculum (WAC)
- Office of Reasearch and Sponsored Programs (ORSP)
- Office of Online Education (OE)
Immigration Resources for Faculty
Reappointment, Tenure and Promotion
- Reappointment, Tenure and Promotion
- CUNY Guidelines on Publishing in Predatory Journals
- Lehman Library Research Guide on Predatory Journals
Workload Reporting and Compliance
- Guidelines for Faculty Workload and Reassigned Time (August 2017)
- Full-Time Workload FAQ (August 2019)
Class Rosters/Grading Roster
The Office of the Registrar distributes class rosters. Rosters may change during the first weeks of class and are finalized approximately the last week of September for the fall semester and in February for the spring semester. You can obtain updated rosters from your Department prior to the final one, which you will receive from the Registrar's Office.
Student Course Evaluations
At the end of each course, students are given the opportunity to evaluate the course using a scan-sheet-questionnaire. Course evaluations constitute an important part of decisions regarding tenure and the Certificate of Continuous Employment (CCE). It is your responsibility to see that these are conducted. Evaluation forms and scan-sheets are available in your Department at the end of each semester.
Student Records and Confidentiality
If a person requests information about a student's performance, attendance, or any other personal information, refer him/her to the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs in Shuster Hall, Room 206, or at 718-960-8241. No faculty member should discuss personal student information with anyone other than the student.
Services for Students with Special Needs
You may receive a notice from the Office of Special Student Services if a student with a disability is registered for one of your courses.
If you have any questions about what constitutes reasonable accommodations, contact the Office of Special Student Services at 718-960-8441 or 718-960-8931 (TTY).