If you haven’t already, log into Blackboard (see instructions below) to access the online classroom platform for your course(s) and check there for any announcements and instructions posted by your professor about the way the class will be conducted and the expectations. Also, be on the alert for communications sent by your professor(s) via Lehman email. To ensure that you don’t miss any important emails, check to see that your correct email is on file and update your email in Blackboard if necessary (see instructions below).
If after reviewing information that your professor has posted on Blackboard, you’re still unclear about any course aspects and/or expectations (e.g., how to participate in class activities and submit assignments), email your professor.
Review CUNY Blackboard student guides for getting started. If your professor plans to use Blackboard for discussion, blogs, groups, quizzes, or for assignment submission, it might be worth your while to take the Blackboard student orientation. It is self-enrolling and self-paced and takes about an hour to complete. Follow the instructions here for the orientation. Also, review Lehman’s online student resources.
If you’re have difficulty logging in, consult the CUNY’s Difficulty Logging into Blackboard page for some possible solutions, and contact the Helpdesk by email or phone if you need someone to help troubleshoot your problem.
You can update your email in Blackboard by following these directions. However, your Blackboard email must be a Lehman or CUNY email.
Yes. For more on this and to download, go to the mobile app. Note that not all Blackboard functions are available on the mobile app.
Although the Blackboard mobile app is helpful when you don’t always have access to a laptop or a computer, it is not a practical means at all times. The Blackboard App is convenient for posting in discussion boards, reading announcements, accessing content, Blackboard Collaborate Ultra sessions for video conferencing, and other common functions. However, it is not recommended to take quizzes or submit assignments through the Bb Student App because not all Blackboard functions work as well.
Every registered Lehman student is entitled to a complete copy of the Microsoft Office suite of applications. This includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and more. You will need your Lehman email username and password to log in, and you can then download up to 5 copies on your PC, Mac, and mobile device, including Windows tablets and iPads. To download a complimentary copy of Microsoft Office, have your Lehman email username and password ready and follow these steps.
From your computer:
- Sign in to your email account at https://login.microsoftonline.com. You may also click on the Login menu from the Lehman College home page and select Student Email.
- Click on the “Settings” icon in the top right corner.
- Select “Office 365 settings” in the drop-down menu.
- Click on “Software” on the settings page.
- Select your language preference (below the install button).
- Click on Install Now.
From your mobile device:
- Open your mobile device app store.
Search and select your desired Office application (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote).
- Click “Download” to install the application.
- Once installed, launch the application.
Go to your Account Settings and sign in using your Lehman email user name and password.
If you have other questions, please refer to the Microsoft Install Office Guide or contact the IT Help Desk by email at email@example.com.
For info about…
- Blackboard Collaborate Ultra see Collaborate Ultra Help for Participants.
To learn how to join a Collaborate Ultra session in Blackboard app.
- Zoom, see Getting Ready for an Online (Zoom) Meeting PDF.
A Zoom mobile app is available. Visit Zoom Mobile to get started.
- WebEx, see Joining a Webex Meeting.
- Microsoft Teams, see Join a Teams Meeting.
When you know this might be challenging for you attend the live class session, contact your professor ahead of time, and let your professor know that you may have to miss part or all of a real-time session. Find out if your professor is recording the real-time meetings and making them available to students, that way you may be able to review and make up the missed work.
Instructors can use VoiceThread in many different ways: to post video or audio lectures, or have students comment on or create presentations. Therefore, find out what your professor is doing and what you are expected to do. For resources, see the Student section at Lehman VoiceThread page.
Your professor may have made library readings accessible right from your Blackboard class site. If that’s not the case, you can always access the library and reach a librarian from anywhere visiting the Lehman College Library webpage. Review the Lehman’s Library Student Help section on how to access the e-resources from off campus.
It is important for you to check their Lehman College email frequently for time-sensitive information. To set up your Lehman College email:
- Set up your Lehman College Student E-Mail by going to www.lehman.edu/live
- Enter Your Username: FirstName.LastName@lc.cuny.edu*
- Next, enter your Default Password. Your Default Password is your initial password to sign-in to your email. Default passwords follow this format: Your initials in capital letters, followed by your four-digit birth year, two-digit month of birth and fourth and fifth digits of your EMPLID. Example JS19940392. Once you successfully log in, you will be prompted to change your password.
- You will be prompted to change your email password every 180 days.
*Note: In cases of duplicates, usernames may have a number added to the name. The college will have sent you the correct information.