Faculty Mentoring Program
Faculty Mentors have been chosen to help Lehman faculty enhance their ability with distance teaching and learning. The selected faculty will have the broad responsibility to serve as a resource person and support for faculty across the four academic schools in leveraging technology to support student learning and quality instruction. Detailed responsibilities are provided below. The Office of Online Education is supporting faculty mentors and will ensure that they have all the necessary resources to be successful in their new roles.
Meet your Faculty Mentors for Spring 2023
Responsibilities of Faculty Mentors:
Faculty Mentors will:
- Advise department colleagues who need assistance with the set-up of Blackboard to support a class (e.g. how to make the course available to students, post an announcement, create a discussion forum, create an assignment, etc.)
- Answer questions concerning instructional approaches and options to enrich their courses like Blackboard quizzes, discussion forums, Grade Center and rubrics, Blackboard Collaborate Ultra and/or VoiceThread, and other relevant institutionally supported technologies.
- Learn about their department/school faculty needs and communicate the needs for additional resources, training, and support as needed to the Office of Online Education and IT.
Hyflex faculty mentors will additionally
- Advise faculty who need assistance with set-up or ongoing issues of Hyflex course design, teaching and learning approaches, use of Blackboard and/or Zoom and other technology tools to support a class, and equipment and techniques for the on-campus classroom in conjunction with these.
- Answer questions and advise concerning instructional approaches and options to engaging students, applying a variety of different methods and activities to ensure all students are able to fully participate, no matter which modality they are using.
Faculty Mentors for Spring 2023
These faculty will serve as Faculty Mentors from January 18 through May 30, 2023.
Art and Humanities
- GD Peters (email@example.com) English
School of Business
- Nari Kim (firstname.lastname@example.org), Economics and Business
- Richard Lahijani (email@example.com), Economics and Business
Human Services, Health Sciences and Nursing
- Natasha Nurse-Clarke (firstname.lastname@example.org), Nursing
- Amy White (email@example.com), Health Equity, Administration, and Technology
- Elizabeth Hollander (firstname.lastname@example.org), English
- Bernardo Viano (email@example.com), Languages and Literatures
Natural and Social Sciences
- Naomi Spence (firstname.lastname@example.org), Sociology
- Ayanna Alexander-Street (email@example.com), Biological Sciences
School of Education
- Sherry Deckman(firstname.lastname@example.org), Middle and High School Education
- Jennifer Van Allen (email@example.com), Counseling, Leadership, Literacy and Special Education