One of the goals of the Division of Student Affairs is to assist students with the resolution of issues and concerns in an effort to foster respect across Lehman College and support retention.
When a student encounters a problem on campus or feels they have been treated unfairly, the student should first try to resolve the issue informally with the faculty/staff member or department directly involved. Many issues can be resolved by making an appointment with a faculty or staff member and calmly and honestly communicating the concern(s).
If a student is not satisfied after working informally to resolve the concern, and resolution cannot been achieved through one of the processes listed below, the student may use this Student Online Concern form for assistance.
Important: The form for reporting student concerns should not be used for: Student Conduct/Discipline, Sexual Misconduct/Title IX, Grade Appeals or Academic Integrity procedures.
Before a formal student complaint is filed a student must demonstrate that they have already attempted and not achieved resolution at the individual/department level OR through other University procedures as noted below.
- Academic Standards (Academic Dismissal, Reinstatement of SAP, TAP appeal, etc.)
- FERPA and FERPA Release Form
- Graduate Programs and Policies (Academic Dismissal, Reinstatement of SAP, TAP appeal, etc.)
- Procedures for Handling Student Complaints about Faculty Conduct in Academic Settings
- Student Disability Services and Accommodations
- Reasonable Accommodations and Academic Adjustments