Preparation for Teaching Online: A Foundational Workshop for CUNY Faculty
We invite faculty to register for a two-week, asynchronous, instructor-facilitated workshop, “Preparation for Teaching Online: A Foundational Workshop for CUNY Faculty,” developed by CUNY School of Professional Studies and offered by the Lehman’s Office of Online Education. Faculty scheduled to teach online should complete the workshop and then schedule a consultation with the Office of Online Education staff for additional support.
To better serve our students and to be in compliance with the New York State Education Department requirements for distance education offerings as well as the Interregional Guidelines for the Evaluation of Distance Education Council of Regional Accrediting Commissions by the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA), faculty teaching online need to complete the essential training for teaching online, a two-week online workshop "Preparation for Teaching Online: A Foundational Workshop for CUNY Faculty."
- The workshop models effective design and facilitation skills and addresses pedagogical approaches to teaching online and hybrid, as well as the organization and management of an online class.
- This is a fully online, asynchronous workshop; faculty do not need to be on campus or online at specific times during the day.
- Please note that there is a limited capacity for the workshop session.
- Priority is given to faculty teaching online the semester following the workshop and faculty teaching on the fully online program.
- Faculty will need their supervisor's (chair's) approval before they register.
- Faculty are eligible for payment (up to $550 total) upon successful workshop completion. Please note that in order for faculty to be eligible for a payment, faculty need to be scheduled to teach a total of two online or hybrid courses within the two semesters following the workshop at Lehman College.
- The payment is based on 10 hours at their NTA (non-teaching adjunct) rate, facilitated through a Continuing Education Teacher (CET) appointment.
Registration (after chair's approval for faculty participation)
For questions, please contact the Office of Online Education