ChatGPT Webinars and Resources (Spring 2023)
Please note curated resources about ChatGPT as it might have direct impact on teaching and learning:
*Posted on May 8th, 2023
Bronx EdTech Showcase, May 5, 2023, hosted on the BCC Campus, in case you plan to attend:
- May 5 @10:50-11:20 am Pedagogy as Per Machiavelli: Embracing AI, Bronx Community College
- May 5 @ 1:00 to 1:30 pm What’s the (ChatGP)Tea? Exploring Queer Student Engagement With and Through AI Language Models, Bronx Community College
Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT) presents a 3-part webinar series on ChatGPT
- Part 1: Friday May 5, 2023 @10:00 am What is ChatGPT & How is it used in education?
- Part 2: Friday May 12, 2023 @4:00 pm Diving Deeper into Generative Al
- Part 3: Friday May 19, 2023 @7:00 pm Future Directions
Other selected articles & resources:
- Mills, A. (March 23, 2023) ChatGPT Just Got Better. What Does That Mean for Our Writing Assignments? The Chronicle of Higher Education.
- Nuria, L. (March 26, 2023) My Second Conversation with ChatGPT: Can It Be My Teaching Aid? Faculty Focus.
- Samuels-White, Sh. (May 3, 2023) Level Up Higher Education Assessments with ChatGPT. Faculty Focus.
- Scott, I. ( April 18, 2023) Yes, We Are in a (ChatGPT) Crisis. Inside HigherEd.
*Posted on February 15th, 2023
- February 15, 1:00 - 2:00 pm “Artificial Intelligence and Higher Education: Where Are We Going and How Are We Getting There” by WCET – the WICHE Cooperative for Educational Technologies.
- February 17, 2:00 - 3:00 pm “Introduction to ChatGPT” by CUNY Innovative Teaching Academy.
- February 17, 3:40 - 4:40 pm “Let’s Chat About ChatGPT: Teaching and Learning in the Era of Artificial Intelligence Tools” at 2023 Teaching & Learning Conference, Adelphi University.
- March 14, 12:00 pm - 1:15 pm “Facing the Future: Educators Discuss Teaching in the Era of ChatGPT” by Faculty Focus.
Other selected articles & resources
- D'Agostino, S. (January 31, 2023) Designing Assignments in the ChatGPT Era. Inside HigherEd.
- McMurtrie, B. (January 5, 2023) Teaching: Will ChatGPT Change the Way You Teach? Chronicle Teaching Newsletter.
- Mucharraz y Cano, Y., Venuti, F., and Herrera Martinez, R. (February 1, 2023) ChatGPT and AI Text Generators: Should Academia Adapt or Resist? Harvard Business Publishing Education.
- Nuria, L. (February 15, 2023) How Well Would ChatGPT Do in My Course? I Talked to It to Find Out. Faculty Focus.
- Center for Teaching & Learning at Baruch College (February 2, 2023) ChatGPT & Its Impact On Teaching In Spring 2023.
- CUNY Graduate Center (January 24, 2023) ChatGPT Guidance for the CUNY Classroom.