Online Master of Science in Education in
Health Teacher, Pre-K -12 (M.S.Ed.)
School of Health Sciences, Human Services, and Nursing
Online Format: Online Mix (Synchronous and Asynchronous)
- 100% Online - no in person attendance required on campus
- Fieldwork completed in your home school
- NYSED registered program that leads to Health Education Certification
- Earn your degree in as little as 18-24 months
- No GRE required
- Affordable Tuition
- Courses taught by dedicated, caring faculty who are experts in community health education
Program Description and Career Opportunities
The Health Education MSEd program prepares students for NYSED Health Education Certification. The program is fully online and is 39-credits. There are two sequences to choose from, based on students' eligibility:
- Sequence 1 (39 credits): For students who already possess New York State certification in another subject and who seek certification in Health Education Pre K-12.
- Sequence 2 (30 credits): For students who already possess New York State certification in health education and who seek professional certification in Health Education Pre K-12.
- Degree Requirements: View Program Catalog
- Possess a Bachelor's degree (or its equivalent) from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
- Three letters of recommendation and a Personal Goal Statement.
- For Sequence 1 admission, possess New York State teacher certification in an area other than health education.
- For Sequence 2 admission, possess New York State teacher certification in health education.
The cost per credit hour is $470 (in-state tuition & fees).
- Fall: Priority Decision Deadline: November 15; Final Deadline: December 15
- Spring: Priority Decision Deadline: April 15; Final Deadline: June 1
Contact Program Director
Lisa fusco, Ed.D.,
M.S.Ed and Advanced Certificate Graduate Program Director
718-960-8085 | firstname.lastname@example.org
New York State prides itself in the high quality of its licensed and certified professionals. For the protection of its citizens, each license and certificate has requirements that individuals must meet in order to be licensed or certified in New York State. CUNY’s academic programs leading to licensure or certification are carefully designed to meet and exceed these State requirements. This is a role CUNY plays in protecting the public. Other states frequently have their own requirements, so if your goal is to practice in another state, this disclosure will help you check to see what that state requires.
Per U.S. Federal Regulations, §668.43 (2019 Rule), and in compliance with the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (SARA) Manual version 19.2, CUNY Lehman College provides the following disclosure related to the educational requirements for professional licensure and certification.
This Disclosure is strictly limited to the CUNY Lehman College determination of whether its Online Health Teacher, Pre-K, that if successfully completed, would be sufficient to meet the educational licensure or certification requirements in a State for Teaching. CUNY Lehman College cannot provide verification of an individual’s ability to meet licensure or certification requirements unrelated to its educational programming. Such individual determinations are made by state licensing boards, and are fact-specific determinations.
This disclosure does not provide any guarantee that any particular state licensure or certification entity will approve or deny your application. Furthermore, this disclosure does not account for changes in state law or regulation that may affect your application for licensure and occur after this disclosure has been made. Enrolled students and prospective students are strongly encouraged to contact their State’s licensure entity using the links provided to review all licensure and certification requirements imposed by their state(s) of choice.
CUNY Lehman College has designed educational programs in Health Teacher, Pre K-12 curricula that if successfully completed is sufficient to meet the licensure and certification requirements for an initial teaching certification license in the following states:
New York: http://www.nysed.gov/content/teacher-certification
After making all reasonable efforts, CUNY Lehman College cannot determine whether its educational programs curricula for the Health Teacher, Pre K-12, that if successfully completed, is sufficient to meet the licensure and certification requirements for an Health Education certification in the following states.CUNY Lehman College programs and currently has made no determination that the curricula is insufficient to meet the licensure and certification requirements for initial teaching certification in any of the 50 states and territories.
CUNY Lehman College has designed educational programs curricula for all Online Health Teacher Pre-K and currently has made no determination that the curricula is insufficient to meet the licensure and certification requirements for initial teaching certification in any of the 50 states and territories.
After making all reasonable efforts, CUNY Lehman College cannot determine whether its educational programs curricula for Online Health Teacher Pre-K, that if successfully completed, is sufficient to meet the licensure and certification requirements for an Online Health Teacher Pre-K certification in the following states:
List of states(pdf)