For Immediate Assistance
New York State Coronavirus Health Hotline: 1-888-364-3065
Contact the Lehman College COVID-19 Task Force at:
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates and Resources
(Updated Aug. 23, 2020)
In compliance with the Gov. Cuomo’s directives, and to ensure the safety of essential personnel, all Lehman College visitors and employees must wear a facial covering at all times when visiting the campus. Those without a facial covering are prohibited from being on campus at any time.
Any employee or visitor who has been on campus who becomes ill with COVID-19, or who learns that they have had contact with an individual who has COVID-19, should inform the College: Employees should inform their supervisors immediately; visitors should contact Lehman College Public Safety at 718-960-7777 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here's what you need to know:
- Effective immediately, any essential employees who have been working on campus or non-essential employees scheduled to work, visit or be on campus for any amount of time, must view BEFORE COMING TO CAMPUS the mandatory New York State COVID-19 Response: Return to Work training, available on Blackboard here.Your CUNYfirst user name and password is required to login to Blackboard (ex. email@example.com). Once you login, look for the "My Organizations" module on the right-hand side of your dashboard and then find the link, "Lehman College New York State COVID-19 Response: Return-to-Work Training." If you need assistance, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Effective immediately, all campus visitors (this includes students, faculty and staff) must complete and submit a COVID-19 self-assessment before they will be allowed on campus, which remains by appointment only. The self-screening tool can be accessed here. If an employee answers yes to any questions they must not come to campus and will not be given access. If the employee answers “No” to all the COVID-19 symptoms questions, they can report to the campus. If an employee answers “Yes” to one or more of the COVID-19 symptoms questions, they may not come to campus, instead, they should alert the screener for their department/division. Screeners are required to notify Human Resources when an employee reports answering “Yes” to one or more COVID-19 symptoms. HR will follow-up with the employee. An employee who reports to work exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 will immediately be isolated and sent home. If it is confirmed that an employee has COVID-19 or has been in contact with someone who has COVID-19, the work area will be closed temporarily to permit cleaning and disinfection. The department manager will provide guidance about where employees should report pending the reopening of the office.
- Laptop loans for fall term: Students who need a laptop or tablet in order to complete course work for summer and fall terms should REQUEST A LAPTOP OR TABLET HERE. If you're looking to return your laptop, READ MORE HERE.
- President Daniel Lemons' Issued an update on what the Lehman community can expect for the fall term. 90 percent of courses will be conducted remotely; all campus visitors, including students, faculty and staff, will be required to to take a health self-assessment before they will be permitted on campus. READ MORE HERE.
- CUNY Released Updated Guidance on July 14 on Instructional Modalities and Course Scheduling for Fall 2020: Includes CUNY guidelines for considerations applied to instructional modalities, in-person instruction, and provides instructional mode definitions. Colleges have until July 25 to submit their Fall 2020 term plans to CUNY. READ THE GUIDANCE.
- The Food Bank is now providing services remotely. Campus appointments are discontinued at this time. To make an appointment for services through the virtual food bank, FILL OUT THIS FORM.
- Virtual Office Hours for Student Services: A number of student serving offices have announced new virtual office hours. FIND A LIST OF VIRTUAL OFFICE HOURS HERE.
- Bursar's Office: Remote staff available Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Email: email@example.com or call: 718-960-8573.
- Registrar's Office (Main): Remote staff available Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 718-960-8255. For the full list of Registrar's offices, including TAP, Graduation, Records & Transcripts and Scheduling, go here.
- Financial Aid Office: Remote staff available Monday-Thursday, 9-5. Email: email@example.com or call: 718-960-8545.
- Find a list of FAQs that will help you stay healthy, navigate distance learning, and find out the latest on the coronavirus.
Email the Lehman College COVID-19 Task Force at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coronavirus Updates and Resources
Lehman College and The City University of New York are following guidelines from the NYC Health Department, New York State Education Department, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Please be sure that you are registered with CUNYAlert which will text, phone and email you with important University-wide notifications.
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness.
Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms or combinations of symptoms may have COVID-19; however, this is not an exhaustive list of symptoms:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle or body aches
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
If you have any of these symptoms, and they are not due to a preexisting health condition like asthma or emphysema, you may have COVID-19 and you should self-quarantine.
Everyone should do their part to help minimize the impact of this serious public health threat.
- Wear a mask in public at all times. If you do not own a mask, cover your mouth and nose with a bandana, scarf or t-shirt.
- Maintain at least 6 ft. between you and other people in public.
- Avoid all unnecessary events, travel or interactions. Stay at home as much as you can.
- Wash hands oftenwith soap and water for at least 20seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when sneezing or coughing. Do not use your hands.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Do not shake hands.
- Monitor your health more closely than usual for cold or flu symptoms.
- Create more personal space between yourself and others. This is called social distancing.
If You Are Sick
If you are sick, stay home. If you develop a fever and symptoms of respiratory illness, such as cough or shortness of breath after close contact with someone who is displaying these symptoms, you should immediately contact your health care provider. If you do not have a health provider, you may call 311 to receive a referral.
As New York State aggressively expands COVID-19 diagnostic testing capacity, the Department of Health has revised guidance to increase testing for everyone.
The Bronx drive-through site at Lehman is operated by New York State and testing is by appointment only. Testing is free to all eligible New Yorkers as ordered by a health care provider or by calling the New York State COVID-19 Hotline at 1-888-364-3065.
For more information about testing, visit https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-testing.
Help Our Community Guard Against Stigma
A lot of information circulating about the coronavirus on social media and in some news reports are not based on facts. The Lehman College community celebrates the diversity of our students, faculty and staff, and want to remind our community that there may be students who have been stigmatized by others based on their community of origin. COVID-19 should not be associated with any particular community or nationality. Please support the members of our college community by countering misinformation and supporting your friends, peers and colleagues.
Virtual counseling services for students are available through our Counseling Center Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Email: email@example.com or call: 718-960-8761 to schedule an appointment. Employees have access to confidential counseling through the Employee Assistance Program. Please contact Human Resources at 718-960-8181 for more information or contact CUNY's EAP at 1-888-993-7650 or www.deeroaks.com.