Senior - Commit
You should be ready to make decisions about your job/career options or attending graduate school. It’s time to integrate your choices, experiences, and knowledge acquired in the past four years and make a COMMITMENT by taking the steps that will open the door to your career or furthering your education.
- Design a job search strategy plan – how and where will you find job leads and career resources.
- Continue to refine your job search skills through the workshops available in Career Exploration & Development Center.
- Prepare the tools needed for the job search – resume, cover letters, academic and professional references, portfolios, and appropriate professional attire.
- Update your registration with Career Exploration & Development Center via Symplicity to be considered for on and off campus interviews with various employers.
- Attend Lehman’s Career Expo sponsored by Career Exploration & Development Center, CUNY’s Big Apple Job Fair and other job/career fairs in the tri-state area to learn about job opportunities.
- Use internet, job databases, and other resources to research and identify prospective employers and job opportunities.
- Maintain a job search/networking log to keep a record of all employer contacts.
- Create a Linked-In account to develop a professional network.
- Register for and take appropriate admission tests for post-graduate study.