Electrocardiography technicians prepare patients for and administer the EKG. They also assist with Holter monitor and stress testing. These highly sought-after positions offer jobs in a variety of healthcare settings and labs.
Pay Average in NYC is $29.23 per hour ($68,041 annually).
87% of employers require or encourage a certificate for EKG.
Program certification: You must complete all required courses listed with a grade of C or better to earn a Lehman Certificate. To request your Lehman Certificate, please email email@example.com with “Certificate Request” as the subject line.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency
- Program taught hybrid (online/in-person)
- Basic computer skills are required for online learning
- Electrocardiography/EKG 100**
**PLEASE NOTE: These courses must be completed at Lehman College Continuing Education department to receive EKG Technician Program Certificate.
Patient Care Technician Program for CNAs Courses – Additional Courses Required
(Tuition $1,535 required courses without exam fees)
- Electrocardiography (EKG 100/ 10 sessions / 30 hours/ Hybrid)**
- Phlebotomy I (PLB 101 / 8 sessions / 24 hours/ Online) **
- Phlebotomy II (PLB 102 / 17 sessions / 50 hours/ Hybrid) **
- CPR: BLS with AED for Healthcare Providers (CPR 100/ 2 sessions/ 6 hours / Hybrid
- First Aid: AHA Certification (recommended) (MAS17/ 1 session/ 3 hours/ In-Person
After completing the program students must take the certification exam from the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) and become a Certified EKG Technician (CET). For more information about certification exam dates and fees please click on NHANOW.com. NHA exam fees are not included in the course tuition.
Course Schedule and Registration
|Patient Care Coordinator|
|Certified Clinical Medical Assistant|
|Certified Nursing Assistant|
|Medical Biller & Coder|