Job Opportunities - All Positions are Part Time
Camp Counselor/Lehman College Continuing Education
Job Title: Camp Counselor - More Than a Camp (Summer Camp at Lehman College)
Location: School of Continuing and Professional Studies
Status: Hourly Rate: $16
Counselors are responsible for a group of 15 to 20 children daily Manage children's behavior, and act as role models and mentors. Model constructive participation in all daily activities. Work closely with the Camp Director to ensure the safety of all children. Counselors must be at least 17 years of age.
· Provide a safe and healthy environment, both physically and mentally, to ensure the
operation of a quality Children’s program.
· Ensures children are aware of rules, and daily scheduled routines
· Assist in the planning and implementing of daily activities that fit the children’s needs and interests.
· Takes responsibility for the quality of the supplies, equipment, and materials
· Report all suspicions of child abuse to the proper authorities.
· Make sure proper procedures are followed for sign-in/out of children daily
· Reports all accidents to the Supervisor, and completely fills out proper health log and/or accident/incident form
· Direct or assist in the daily maintenance of the childcare area, ensuring safety and cleanliness.
· Assume an equal share of the regular housekeeping chores such as cleaning, preparing for daily activities, and cleaning up after projects.
· Establish a relationship with each child and know his or her present level of understanding; consider the needs of all the children and treat each child with respect and dignity.
· Work toward positive parent/staff relations.
START DATE: July 8th END DATE: August 16th
CAMP CONTACT: Julibeth Veras