The Collaborative on Academic Careers in Higher Education (COACHE)
We are pleased to inform you of an important opportunity you will be offered, beginning Tuesday, February 12, 2023 to participate in a survey of faculty job satisfaction. This survey research is part of a national program called the Collaborative on Academic Careers in Higher Education (COACHE), which has been operating from the Harvard Graduate School of Education since 2003. Participation will entail completing a 25-minute, web-based survey; your unique link to the survey will be emailed to you from COACHE email@example.com in the coming days. COACHE will not use any name or email address for any purposes except for this research.
While there are many surveys that faculty are asked to complete, this one was designed entirely to determine your current job satisfaction compared to faculty at peer institutions. Your views are especially important to us as we strive to attract and retain the best and brightest scholars and teachers, increase the satisfaction of all faculty, and to make Lehman College a great place to work.
The survey is completely confidential and will be handled through the COACHE project team at Harvard. Your privacy will be maintained in all published and written data, and your identity will be carefully protected in all information, including the summary analysis, that COACHE will share with our campus.
The 2019 CUNY COACHE system report is now available to all CUNY faculty and staff on Blackboard. To access the report:
- Log in to Blackboard using your CUNYfirst login credentials
- Once in Blackboard, click on “COACHE Survey” in the blue banner at the top of the screen
- The 2019 CUNY COACHE System Report is available as an Excel file. COACHE’s Instrumentation Summary, which indicates the questions in each of COACHE’s 25 benchmarks, is also posted to assist in the interpretation of the system report.
Instructions for accessing the report, as well as a list of all COACHE task force members, are also available on the CUNY COACHE website.
- Lehman 2019 Coach Committee General Faculty Presentation
- Lehman 2019 COACHE Task Force Recommendations (PDF)