Lehman College Book Advance Payments
Eligible students will have a Book Advance payment in the form of a check or direct deposit by the first full week of classes. The payment will be mailed to the address provided on your current year F.A.F.S.A. or credited to your direct deposit account.
In order to be eligible for a Book Advance payment you must complete ALL of the following steps:
- File the F.A.F.S.A. as early as possible;
- Be Pell Grant eligible;
- Check with the Financial Aid Office about a week after filing the F.A.F.S.A. for Pell Grant eligibility information;
- Submit any requested documents to the Financial Aid Office at least SIX WEEKS prior to the last day of regular registration;
- Have a balance (unused portion) of the Pell / SEOG Grant after all tuition and fees have been applied;
- Register and have a ZERO balance at least FOUR WEEKS prior to the last day of regular registration.
- Failure to meet the above process will result in not receiving a Book Advance payment.
Students are advised to apply for a regular direct deposit or the CUNY Scholar Support Prepaid Card so that your Book Advance (as well as all future financial aid payments) becomes available to you as quickly as possible.
Regular Direct Deposit Request applications may be obtained here (PDF).
For CUNY Scholar Support Prepaid Card information click here.
As noted above, it is of utmost importance to file your F.A.F.S.A., follow-up with the Financial Aid Office, as well as register and have a ZERO balance as early as possible to be considered for a book advance payment.
Click for information on 'How to Save Money on Textbooks'.
If you have any questions, visit the Financial Aid Office, located in Shuster Hall, Room 136.
*Note: Book Advance payments are NOT available during the Winter and Summer Session
Last modified: Apr 16, 2013