Summer on the Island of Crete, Greece
Description: This program will be led by two Lehman College professors, both experts in their fields: Prof. Marie Marianetti, Chair of the History Department, and Prof. Yuri Gorokhovich Chair of the Department of Earth, Environmental, & Geospatial Sciences. Available courses include "History and Archaeology of the Bronze Age Minoan and Mycenaean Settlements in Crete" and "Cretan Geological and Historical Landscapes." This program will run during the month of June and will include visits to various sites in the area.
Syllabi for courses:
- Click here for Syllabus for the "History and Archaeology of the Bronze Age Minoan and Mycenaean Settlements in Crete" course. (Syllabus from 2014)
- Click here for more information regarding the "Cretan Geological and Historical Landscapes" course.
|Location:||Island of Crete, Greece|
|Dates:||June 1st - June 28th|
|Credits:||6 Credits (All students MUST register for 6 credits)|
|Courses:||HIA 350* / HIA 750/ LEH 354** (3 credits) , & GEO 490 (3 credits)|
Professors Marie Marianetti & Yuri Gorokhovich
* Students may register for "The History and Archaeology of the Bronze Age Minoan and Mycenaean Settlements in Crete" course as either HIA 350/HIA 750 or LEH 354. ** Students who wish to register for LEH credits must have completed 60 credits at the time of application to the program.
|Housing accommodation, museum & archaeological site visits, some meals (Breakfast and Dinner from Monday - Thursday)||$1,200|
|Transportation in Crete||$800|
|Cost* (CUNY tuition not included):||$3,590|
CUNY tuition: $ 690- $1,470 (Tuition for matriculated NYS residents) plus fees. Visiting Students should consult the Tuition and Fee website. Click here to view the cost of tuition.
Additional Costs: Food Budget for meals and personal expenses $40/day.
*The costs of the program are subject to change, including those for tuition and fees..
Friday, February 6th at 12:00 in Carman Hall Room 201
Friday, February 13th at 12:00 in Carman Hall Room 201
Friday, February 20th at 12:00 in Carman Hall Room 201
- February 27th, 2015 (Early Deadline)
- March 2nd, 2015 (Late Deadline)
|Regarding the application process, contact:||Emmanuel Perez – Emmanuel.firstname.lastname@example.org|
|About the courses, contact:||
Below you will find links to the application instructions and the program application. Please read both carefully! If you have any questions, feel free to contact our office.
You may be eligible to apply for the following financial aid programs: PELL, TAP, Student loans. Upon acceptance into the program, be sure to touch bases with the Lehman College financial aid office.
For more information about summer financial aid, visit the Lehman College financial aid website.