We are delighted to welcome you to Lehman College’s 2018-2019 new faculty cohort. We are proud that you have chosen to join our campus community.
This orientation page is intended to provide you with the information and resources you need to make a great start at Lehman. Please take time to learn more about our campus, our mission, the resources available to you, and–especially– about our yearlong faculty orientation program.
This extended orientation program was developed as a way to keep you informed about services available to you and your students, offer professional development opportunities, provide support in your development as a teacher and scholar or researcher, and to help you feel at home on in our community. We look forward to meeting you and welcoming you to Lehman on Friday, August 24th!
Getting Started at Lehman
Visit this page for more information and resources that will help your transition to the Lehman community: information about relocating, Human Resources, email addresses, IDs, parking, child care, Blackboard (Bb) and more!
Who are Lehman Students?
Your Yearlong Faculty Orientation Program (All New Lehman Faculty)
- Full Day Orientation Program August 24, 2018 - Learn more about us, our students, our systems and the Bronx.
New Faculty Orientation
- Welcome 2018 New Faculty Orientation (PDF)
- Welcome 2018 New Faculty Orientation (Accessible Plain Text)
- Full-Day Orientation Agenda (PDF)
- Full-Day Orientation Agenda (Accessible Plain Text)
- Academic Calendar: 2018-2019
- Academic Related Activities Definition (PDF)
- Academic Related Activities Definition (Accessible Plain Text)
- Administrative Calendar 2018/2019 (PDF)
- Administrative Calendar 2018/2019 (Accessible Plain Text)
- IT Quick Reference Information (PDF)
- IT Quick Reference Information (Accessible Plain Text)
- Lehman Acronym Quick Refs
- Registrar Quick Notes
- Registrar Quick Notes (Accessible Plain Text)
Monthly Get Togethers-Attend these informal social gatherings, held throughout the academic year, to help you assimilate (resistance is futile) to the Lehman community.
New Faculty Seminars-A series of six seminars are presented, three in the fall semester and three in the spring semester. Meetings are held on Monday or Wednesdays during University Hours (3:30-5pm) in the Treehouse conference room, 3rd floor of the Leonard Lief Library.
- Download the list of seminars here. (PDF)
- Download the text accessible version here.
Dean's Book Club-The Deans’ book club offers stimulating gatherings to consider and discuss issues in higher education with your colleagues.
The Deans’ book club is a new initiative at Lehman. It offers a social forum for conversation about issues in higher education and teach best practices with your colleagues and Dean.
This year’s shared-read is Chronical Starter Kit: New to College Teaching. Your Dean will contact you to set up a meeting time and place. Download the handbook here.
New Faculty Mentoring -Working with a faculty mentor will offer you invaluable guidance, advice, and information about teaching resources.
New and Early Career Faculty Mentoring
Faculty mentoring offers valuable professional and personal support, research guidance, and advice about teaching resources. Our Lehman faculty mentors were identified by their department chairs based on their experiences at Lehman and their expertise. Participation is encouraged for all new and junior faculty.
- Download the mentor application here.
- Download the mentor application (Accessible Plain Text) here.
- Faculty Mentorship Survey
Crafting a Lehman Syllabus
Dr. Harriet (Niki) Fayne has prepared a primer on best practices for organizing your courses and creating syllabi at Lehman.