Resources for Faculty
The Office of Online Education assists faculty in the creation, design and development of innovative, effective and accessible learning experiences. We advise on the use of instructional technology, guided by best practices in online, hybrid and face-to-face teaching. We consult with faculty on learner-centered course design, and on the development and delivery of online courses and programs.
How to Get Started?
- Leveraging Blackboard to Support Student Learning (In-Person and Hybrid Courses). In the event of a snow day, a missed class, the flu or coronavirus, having a Blackboard site at the ready can ensure that your on-campus or hybrid class is able to carry on.
- Just in Time Online Training. As faculty prepare to teach online in a hurry, we recommend a Just in Time Online Training.
- Schedule a consultion with the Office of Online Education staff.
- Attend Teaching and Learning Webinar Series. Throughout the year, we offer monthly, hour-long, lunchtime webinars for faculty on essential topics in online, hybrid, and innovative teaching. These fully-online webinars are facilitated by the department of Online Education staff and each features a presentation by a faculty cohost with expertise in the topic.
- Participate in our workshops. Throughout the academic year we offer faculty workshops in preparation for teaching online, Open Educational Resources (OER) and accessibility and Universal Design for Learning (UDL). Vist our Workshops page for details about these workshops and how to register for upcoming sessions.
- Visit our Templates, Tools and Tutorials page to learn more about how to use various educational technology tools and templates to support student learning.