Introduction to Unity Platform
After a short introduction to the history of virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR), Unity's interface, asset store and customization features will be discussed. You will be able to follow along on available computers or on your own device. While Unity can be used for development on a wide array of platforms, emphasis will be placed on VR and projects will be built for the HTC Vive which will be available to you. Prerequisites: Being comfortable navigating computer systems and new computer technology.
Unity Platform - Intermediate
Expand your Unity know-how with this intermediate level course, which will focus on lighting, audio, physics, particle systems and basic animation. Discussions and demonstrations on how this impacts game play and the mood of any application will be shown. Useful assets, both free and paid, from the Asset Store will be highlighted.
Unity Platform - Advanced
Sharpen your Unity skills with this hands-on course. During this 4-day course you will work your way through 2 Unity projects from the Unity Asset Store with the assistance of the instructor who will explain the structure of the projects. A walk through and explanation of scripts will be carried out.
Unity Certified Associate Game Developer Exam Preparation
In this interactive online class, you will learn all elements of the core features of the Unity engine. Prepare for the Unity Certified Associate Game Developer exam. You will develop the skills needed to be able to produce interactive mobile applications and more, such as:
- Creating and manipulating 3D assets
- Working with textures, materials and shaders
- Applying basic Lighting inc. light types, baked vs real-time, reflection probes
- C# programming fundamentals
- Working in 2D with sprites and UI elements
- Implementing audio-visual elements inc. 3D sound, embedded and streaming videos
- Building content suitable for mobile app deployment
Proficient IT skills and basic knowledge of user interactivity. Familiarity with working in 3D space using tools such as 3DS Max, and basic programming fundamentals would be an advantage but are not essential.
- Stable internet connection
- Hardware: Laptop or Workstation with a mouse, preferably a second monitor or a tablet, headset with microphone. CPU: SSE2 instruction set support. GPU: Graphics card with DX10 (shader model 4.0) capabilities.
- Software: OS: Windows 7 SP1+, 8, 10, 64-bit versions only; macOS 10.12+. Unity 2019.4LTS and Unity Hub installed on the machine; Click here for Unity 2019.4 system requirements.
Course tuition is subsidized by City Council.