Obtaining a Lehman College ID Card During Campus Closure
While the campus continues to remain closed due to the coronavirus pandemic, the on-campus Public Safety ID card service continues to be suspended to ensure the safety and health of all students, faculty, staff and alumni. We apologize for this inconvenience.
During the campus closure, new students (including transfer students), faculty and staff can obtain a Lehman College ID card using the Office of Public Safety’s online photo system.
New students (including transfer students), faculty and staff will be sent an email 'Invite' that provides users the opportunity to create a photo for submission to the online system.
Approved photo submissions are processed for ID card creation. An additional 3-5 days is required for completion of a Lehman College ID card.
Completed ID cards are sent to the Public Safety Command Center at Gate #5 for pick up.
***Note: Contact the Public Safety Command Center at 718-960-8228 to determine if your ID card has been printed and available for pickup before coming to the campus.
An additional identification card such as a state ID, passport or visa is required to pick up the Lehman College ID card.
Currently employed faculty and staff, currently enrolled students, and alumni who do not possess a Lehman College ID card must contact the Office of Public Safety for further instructions on obtaining their ID card.
Students, faculty, staff, and alumni who need to replace a lost or stolen Lehman College ID card, must also contact the Office of Public Safety for further instructions on ID card replacement.
Notifications will be made to the college community advising when the on-campus Public Safety ID card service will resume.
Composing Your Photo Using the Online Photo System*
- Lehman College ID card photos are created using an online system via an email Invite that is sent to students, faculty and staff.
- The Lehman College ID card photo submission should look similar to a photo that is used on a passport or a driver's license. Example:
*** Note: A Lehman College ID card is an official document.
**Photo submission requirements:
- The photo must be a recent color photo
- A plain, light background must be used
- Bright, even lighting must be used (preventing foreground or background shadowing)
- The photo must be a centered, frontal, full face view – no profile
- The photo must be cropped from just above the top of the head to the collarbone (See example above)
- Head must be level.
- Camera must be at eye level.
- Eyes must be open and visible (wear prescription glasses if you normally do so)
- Photos where person is wearing a hat or sunglasses
- Photos where person has hair or other items obscuring the face
- Photos where person is wearing Bluetooth devices, headphones, headsets, earbuds, airpods, etc.
- Photos where person has glare on glasses
- Photos where person has foreground or background shadow(s) within photo
- Photos where person has background lines, wall lines, borders, images, filters, etc within photo
- Photos where person has other people or objects within photo
- Photos where person is displaying inappropriate expressions or gestures
***Note: Professional photos, senior portraits, school photos, or a photo of a photo is not accepted
*Taken from Rutger's University's Office of Public Safety website for informational purposes.
**Edited for use by the Lehman College Office of Public Safety.
The Office of Public Safety appreciates your patience and understanding.
To contact the Office of Public Safety, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public Safety staff will respond as expeditiously as possible.
Be safe and healthy!
Photo ID Schedule
CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
SCHEDULE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE