News Releases and Media Advisories
- Spring Lecture Highlights Lehman Students' Participation in an International Nineteenth Century Literary Manuscript Project
The first in a series of Women's Studies spring lectures highlighted the work carried out by students in Olivia Loksing Moy’s rare books and archives seminar and their participation in the the Michael Field Diary Project, an initiative based at University College, London. "Michael Field" was the pen name of two Victorian-era British women who forged a decades-long romantic and creative partnership, writing successful plays, poetry, and a 26-volume set of unpublished diaries in the voice of a single person.
Sara Little Turnbull Foundation Awards Lehman College $200K for Arts Initiative That Seeks to Raise Enrollments, Increase Design Field Diversity
The Foundation announced last month a $200,000 gift to fund a new four-year initiative that will create a pipeline into design fields for the College's most talented students.
- CUNY's Lehman College Wins $100K Verizon Grant to Launch Emerging Tech Mentoring Program for Veteran-, MWBE-Owned Small Businesses Across NYC
The City University of New York’s (CUNY’s) Lehman College School of Continuing and Professional Studies’ (SCPS) Bronx Tech Incubator has been awarded a $100,000 Verizon Foundation Workforce Development grant to create and launch an innovative, two-year emerging technology mentorship program for 250 small business owners across the five boroughs.
- Lehman College students’ success lauded as part of $2.5 million award to AASCU
The American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU) was awarded a $2.5 million, two-year grant Thursday from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to dramatically accelerate policy-and-practice transformations that promise improved student outcomes across its membership of 400 public colleges and universities.
- Directed Evolution and Smart Plants: Lehman College Researcher Reimagines The Future of Biology
Lehman College Professor of Plant Sciences Eleanore Wurtzel is lead author on a Nov. 18, 2019 article in Nature Plants, entitled “Revolutionizing agriculture with synthetic biology,” that advocates for an entirely new approach to agricultural production.
- U.S. Department of Education Announces $5.4 Million Grant to Fund Lehman’s Innovative Teacher Prep Program
The Lehman College School of Education recently received a U.S. Department of Education (DOE) grant of $697,486, with a projected total award of $5.4 million over the next five years based on performance, to fund a unique teacher preparation program in STEM education.
- Daniel Lemons Appointed Interim President of Lehman College
CUNY Chancellor Félix V. Matos Rodríguez has appointed Daniel Lemons to take the helm of CUNY’s only four-year college in the Bronx beginning July 1.
- Lehman Adds Digital Diplomas for Graduating Students
Starting with this class, Lehman graduates will have access to a digital diploma along with their paper diploma.
- Record Number of Lehman College Students Awarded Fulbright Fellowships
For the first time in the school’s 50-year history, Lehman College is home to four Fulbright recipients, a record for the school and the highest number awarded so far this year in the CUNY system.
- Touro College of Pharmacy and Lehman College Create New Pharm Path
Touro College of Pharmacy in Harlem and Lehman College have created a new pre-pharmacy program for Lehman students to earn both bachelor’s and Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degrees in a year less than usually needed to complete both
- Lehman College Event Roundup May 16-31
Here is a list of what’s happening on campus from May 16-31.
- Lehman College Hosts 50th Finale Springfest on May 14
Lehman College will host 50th Finale Springfest, a community-wide celebration featuring live music and cuisines from around the world, from 3-8 p.m. on Tuesday, May 14.
- Lehman College Event Roundup May 1-15
Here is a list of what’s happening on campus from May 1-15.
- Lehman Hosts 50th Annual Herbert H. Lehman Memorial Lecture; Media Invited
This year’s Herbert H. Lehman Memorial Lecture at Lehman College, titled “Courage, Disruption, and Resilience: Transformational Politics in the State of New York,” will be given by New York State Senator Alessandra Biaggi.
- Lehman College Event Roundup April 16-30
Here is a list of what’s happening on campus from April 16-30.
- Lehman Professor Recognized with Prestigious Early-Career Award
Megan Owen, an assistant professor in the Department of Mathematics at Lehman College, has earned one of the most prestigious career advancement awards offered by the National Science Foundation (NSF).
- Lehman College Offers Tours, Info Sessions to College of New Rochelle Students
Lehman College is offering special tours and information sessions to students who attend the College of New Rochelle, which is slated to close in June.
- Lehman College Event Roundup April 1-15
Here is a list of what’s happening on campus from April 1-15.
- Lehman Hosts 39th Sweeny Memorial Lecture; Media Invited
This year’s Arthur Sweeny Memorial Lecture at Lehman College, titled “From Complexes to Aerosols: New Insights into Atmospheric Chemistry,” will be given by Dr. Joseph S. Francisco from the University of Pennsylvania.
- Lehman Invites Media to Cover Conference Focusing on Racial Equity and Racism
The Center for Human Rights and Peace Studies at Lehman College will host its ninth annual Human Rights Conference on Wednesday, March 13; the focus of this year’s conference is racial equity and racism.
- Lehman Hosts Concerto Competition for High School Students
Attention high school woodwind and brass players and percussionists! March 15 is the deadline for entry into the 18th annual Jerome G. Sala Memorial Concerto Competition, hosted by Lehman College’s Department of Music, Multimedia, Theatre, and Dance.
- Lehman College Art Gallery’s “Castles in the Sky” Exhibition Moving to Florida
For the first time ever, a Lehman College Art Gallery exhibition is moving on to new life at another venue. “Castles in the Sky: Fantasy Architecture in Contemporary Art”, now open through Jan. 26 on the Lehman campus, will be on view at the Coral Gables Museum in Florida from Feb. 15 through April 23.