The Office of Communications and Marketing handles both internal and external communications for the College, sharing information and news across the campus community and promoting news and events to external sources including print and online media. The office also designs marketing materials to help departments meet their academic and professional goals.
What We Do
- Write feature stories for lehman.edu
- Maintain College brand and messaging across platforms
- Design digital and print publications
- Facilitate media coverage
- Create strategic communications campaigns
- Promote events
- Manage College social media channels
How to Work with Us
To request promotional materials for programs and events, other marketing materials, or business cards/stationery:
Please fill out the request form here.
Before contacting us, consider:
- Who is your target audience and what is the goal in reaching them (what action do you need from that audience)?
- What kind of budget and timeline do you have?
- Do you have any draft content already created?
- What is your deadline?
Keep timing in mind:
- Graphic design, media coverage requests, and requests for feature stories must be submitted at least three weeks before your deadline.
- Event promotion and publication production requests should be submitted at least a month in advance. The more advance notice you can give, the better.
- Advance notice of breaking news (grants or awards received, honors given, external publication) is helpful – without at least two weeks of advance notice, we cannot guarantee timely coverage of your news (all news embargoes in place by external organizations will be respected).
Share your news:
- All requests for press releases or web stories will be considered; stories on academic departments will be prioritized in conjunction with the appropriate dean and/or associate dean. Placement of stories on the homepage, in the Lehman News Center, on social media channels, and in external media is the decision of the Office of Communications and Marketing. Please forward any existing photographs you may have of relevant events, students, or faculty. Photos must be high resolution and must include a caption with a photo credit and information on who or what is in the image.
- All stories can be made available to principals, prior to publication, for review for accuracy.