Admission Requirements for All Tracks
- Hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, including 45 liberal arts credits;
- Have attained a minimum undergraduate grade average of 3.0;
- Submit an application to the program, including a personal statement related to the student's career goals and preparation for this program and three letters of recommendation addressing applicant's suitability for the social work profession and preparedness to enter a rigorous academic program, at least two of which should be from college faculty or professionals in fields related tosocial work;
- Interview with a member of the graduate faculty may be required.
Admission Requirements for Applicants to Track C, Advanced Standing Program
In addition to the above, candidates must:
- Have completed a bachelor's degree with a social work major from a social work program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education;
- Have attained a minimum 3.2 cumulative index in the major;
- Include, among the three references, one reference from the advisor in the baccalaureate social work program, or from the program director.
Applicants for Advanced Standing must provide course descriptions for courses in the undergraduate social work major; the graduate advisor will determine exemption from courses in the year one curriculum.
The Admissions Committee, consisting of the social work graduate advisor, program director, and at least two full-time faculty members, will review completed applications. Applications will be evaluated on:
- Academic history;
- Quality of personal statement, including degree of self-awareness, conceptual ability, understanding of the social work profession, and ability to communicate in writing;