Love cartoons? So do we! An internship at Nickelodeon can launch you on an exciting, fun-filled career in children’s entertainment. When people think about an internship, they envision getting coffee, running errands, and slaving away behind a copy machine where everyone knows you as the “intern”. Fortunately, there is hope out there, and that is Nickelodeon Animation Studios in Burbank, CA! Here, we call our interns “Nickterns” and if you get coffee, it will be for yourself! Nickelodeon produces such hits as SpongeBob SquarePants, Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Penguins of Madagascar and Fanboy and Chum Chum..
In addition to superb internships, Nickelodeon Animation Studios offers fantastic perks! Interns are encouraged to participate in our business skills workshops and “Executive Lunches”. Some of these workshops and classes include: How to write a resume and cover letter, How to Pitch a Show, Portfolio/Reel critique, Post Production, Lunches with The President of Animation and the SVP of our studio plus many more!
Nickelodeon Animation Studio has internships available in the following departments:
- Animation Production (2D/CG)
- Post Production
- Animation Development and Current Series
- Casting for Animation
- Human Resources/Recruiting/College Relations
- Business and Legal Affairs (Law Students ONLY)
- Special Events/Facilities
- The Writing/Artist Fellowship
- Students must be registered for an internship for academic credit with their college or university, and must provide official documentation upon acceptance of this internship.
- Open to college students entering their junior or senior year. We also accept law students eligible to receive internship credit.
- Must be available at least 2 full days a week for a minimum of 10 weeks (no weekends). Normal business hours are 9:00am-6:00pm.
- The program runs during the spring, summer and fall semesters. Application dates for fall and spring resume submissions are rolling. For summer, resumes are accepted January 1st through April 1st.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter indicating the semester you are applying for, available days and the area(s) or shows of interest – firstname.lastname@example.org - (MS Word or Adobe attachments only).