The Department of Art is also proud to offer graduate degrees, including a 30-credit Masters of Arts in Art Studio (M.A. Art), a 48-credit Masters of Fine Arts in Art Studio, (M.F.A. Art) and in conjunction with the Education Department, a 42-45 credit Masters in Art Education (M.A. Art Education (Pre-K-12)). MA and MFA candidates can take courses in Ceramics, Computer Generated Imaging (CGI), Design, Drawing, Painting, Printmaking, or Sculpture.
Information & Advisement
For information and Advisement regarding MA and/or MFA in Art Studio, please contact Graduate Art Programs Director, Associate Professor Dannielle Tegeder, Fine Arts-009, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 718-960-6762
For information and Advisement regarding an MA in Art Education, please contact Art Education Program Director, Associate Professor Sean McCarthy Fine Arts 119, email@example.com, phone: 718-960-6993
- Bachelor's degree (or its equivalent) from an accredited college or university.
- Demonstrate the potential to pursue graduate study successfully, that is, have attained a minimum undergraduate grade average of B in Art courses and a minimum grade average of B- in the undergraduate record as a whole.
- Have earned a minimum of 33 undergraduate credits in Art. This total must include one 3-credit survey course in Art History and 6 additional credits in Art History.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from college instructors.
- Applicants will then need to present examples of their work – fifteen(15) images with title, medium, size and date in Slideroom.
- Applicants will be reviewed by the department's M.F.A. Committee.
- Upon acceptance, the student and his/her work will be reviewed each semester by the M.F.A. Committee, which is authorized to approve or refuse continued study in the program or to place a student on probation. Each case of probation will be subsequently reviewed at mid-semester.
- If conditionally admitted, satisfy the conditions within one year.
- The Fall 2020 application deadline is March 15th, 2020.
- The Spring 2021 application deadline is November 1st, 2020.
The application process is in two parts: