Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)
Applicants must apply annually to the New York State Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC), Albany, NY 12255. The Higher Education Services Corporation determines the applicant's eligibility and mails an award certificate indicating the amount of the grant directly to the applicant.
The Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) is an entitlement program: awards are noncompetitive, and any student who meets the criteria for eligibility will receive funds. The applicant must:
- be a New York State resident and an eligible U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien;
- be enrolled full time (12 or more credits/equated credits) and matriculated. Equated credits, applicable to certain courses, are the number of scheduled hours of course meetings in excess of the credits that may be earned in that course;
- be in good academic standing and meet TAP Progress and Pursuit Requirements (see adjacent charts);
- officially file an area of concentration (major) form once 60 credits have been completed. This form may be obtained in the Registrar's Office, Shuster Hall, Room 106;
- Students who are eligible for New York State financial aid (TAP) are required to register for 12 credit-hours of courses per semester that satisfy their degree requirements (General Education, writing-intensive, major, minor, and appropriate electives). Students who receive part-time TAP must follow the same regulations. For more information, visit www.lehman.edu/registrar/semester-info.php.
All income data are subject to verification by the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance. Undergraduate students may generally receive TAP awards for eight semesters of study. The amount of the TAP award is based on tuition charges and the student's New York State net taxable family income. To apply for TAP, students should complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the CUNY TAP/APTS Supplement Form. Applications are required annually. The Lehman College TAP code is 1412. For more information, visit www.lehman.edu/financial-aid.
Last modified: 11/20/2014