Pre-Engineering Transfer Program
Lehman College offers a Pre-engineering Transfer Program, administered by the Department of Physics and Astronomy. Students study at Lehman for two years before transferring to the School of Engineering at City College. (For more information, consult the pre-engineering adviser in Gillet Hall, Room 131.)
The only complete engineering program in CUNY is at City College. Students at Lehman College can transfer to the School of Engineering at City College after completing twenty-four credits, including two semesters of calculus and one semester of either physics or chemistry. Although a well-prepared student can complete these requirements in two semesters, it is strongly recommended that a student entering this program should plan to spend three semesters at Lehman College, taking the following courses:
- English. Courses required to meet the degree requirements in English composition, as explained under "Degree Requirements" later on in this chapter of the Bulletin.
- Speech. COM 100 (Fundamentals of Oral Communication).
- Mathematics. MAT 175-176 (Calculus I and II) and MAT 226 (Intermediate Calculus I).
- Physics. PHY 168-169 (Introductory Physics I and II).
- Chemistry. CHE 166-167 and 168-169 (General ChemistryLectures and LabsI and II).
Last modified: 11/5/2014