Enabling javascript will improve the functionality of this page. skip to content
Lehman College

Catalog search

Catalog links

print page

Office of the Registrar

NEW YORK STATE RESIDENCY. To be eligible for the tuition rate of a New York State resident, a student must have had his/her principal place of residence in the State of New York for the twelve consecutive months prior to the first day of classes for the semester. Continuing students who think they may be eligible for this rate may apply in Shuster Hall, Room 182. Entering students should report to the Office of Admissions, Shuster Hall, Room 161.

GENERAL REGISTRATION INFORMATION. A "Schedule of Classes" detailing registration-related regulations and information, the class sections, days, hours, and meeting places for each course is published each semester on the web (www.lehman.edu) before the start of registration. General registration information is available in the Registrar's offices (Shuster 105, 106, 108, 114, 175, and 182).

WEB REGISTRATION. All Lehman students, graduate and undergraduate, are eligible to register online.

SEMESTER INFORMATION SERVICES. Students who need information or who have questions about their current semester courses and/or class standing may go to Shuster Hall, Room 114, to determine full/part-time status, withdrawal regulations, tuition refund eligibility, TAP eligibility, and grading policies.

APPLICATIONS FOR TRANSCRIPTS AND OTHER STUDENT RECORDS. Unless the Registrar is notified to the contrary within six months of completion of a course, it will be assumed that all information on the student's record concerning that course is correct.

Applications for transcripts should (1) be addressed to the Transcript Division of the Office of the Registrar (Shuster Hall, Room 108), (2) give the name and address of the official to whom the information is to be mailed, and (3) include the $7 Transcript Fee (transcripts to City University schools are free).

Currently enrolled students who need a statement of attendance should request one in Shuster Hall, Room 114. Students who have not met all their financial obligations to the College will not be issued a transcript, certificate, degree, or grade until they have made all outstanding payments. Students will not be allowed to register for a new semester unless they have satisfied all previous financial obligations to the College.

VETERANS. Veterans who wish to request education benefits should bring their Bursar's Receipt and file the appropriate form in Shuster Hall, Room 114. Veterans who wish to apply for credit for military service should file the appropriate form in Shuster Hall, Room 182. A veteran may receive up to eight elective credits for military service.

DECLARATION OF MAJOR/MINOR OR CHANGE OF MAJOR/MINOR. An application form for these purposes may be obtained in the Office of the Registrar. The completed form, signed by the chair of the department or the coordinator of the interdisciplinary program in which the student wishes to major/minor, should be returned to the Office of the Registrar (Shuster Hall, Room 106).

CERTIFICATION. Students who are required to have a statement of attendance for Social Security, bank loans, employers, the Mayor's Scholarship Program, and other purposes should file their forms in Shuster Hall, Room 114.

RECORDING CHANGES OF ADDRESS. All students in attendance at the College must report home address changes by filing the proper form in the Office of the Registrar (Shuster Hall, Rooms 106 or 114).

RECORDING CHANGE OF NAME. A student's change of name can be entered in the official record by filing the proper form in the Office of the Registrar (Shuster Hall, Room 106) accompanied by the appropriate legal document, i.e., court order, marriage certificate, or annulment/divorce papers.

Last modified: 7/30/2015