International Student Services

Travel & Re-entry

Procedure for F-1 students at a U.S. Port of Entry

Documents you should carry on your person:
  • Valid passport. Passport should be valid for at least 6 months beyond the date of your expected stay.
  • Valid visa. Be sure it reflects your F-1 visa status.
  • Current I-20 with International Student Services Coordinator's signature for re-entry. Signature is good for six months (each semester). that you get it signed each term.
  • Financial documents. Take recent financial information with you.
  • Verification of enrollment. Recent Bursar’s receipt or transcript.
  • Name and contact information for the International Student Services Coordinator at Lehman College.
  • If you are on Practical Training—your EAD card, a letter from your employer, and signature on your I-20 for re-entry.
  • Have a pen with you so you can write, sign, etc.

Even if you are traveling within the U.S., it is important that you have some of the above documents with you. You maybe asked for identification, especially if you are traveling by air. You do not need the Coordinator's signature if you are traveling within the U.S.

Last modified: Jan 31, 2012

  • Division of Student Affairs
Text Only Version of Site | Make This Website Talk