On Campus Employment
BEFORE YOU BEGIN TO WORK YOU MUST RECEIVE AUTHORIZATION FROM THE ISSO.
YOU MUST CONSULT YOUR ISSO ADVISOR FOR WORK AUTHORIZATION.
Your F-1 student status permits you to work on campus while you are enrolled in a full course of study.
General Eligibility Requirements:
1. You must be in valid F-1 Status in a degree level program (ESL students please contact the ISSO office)
2. You must maintain F-1 Status during campus employment which means:
a) You are a full-time registered student (except for approved exceptions - read about maintaining status)
b) Be in good academic standing
c) Have a valid Form I-20
You are allowed to work:
1) Part-time (20 hours per week or less) during regular full-time semesters (Spring & Fall)
2) Full-time during the Winter and Summer sessions
Expiration of On-campus Employment Eligibility:
Your on-campus eligibility for employment authorization ends:
1) When you graduate (even if your Form I-20 expiration date is in the future)
2) When you transfer to another college
3) If you violate your F-1 status
NOTE: You are required to renew your on campus employment authorization at ISSO each semester.
For addional information, questions and work authorization request process, please contact an International Student Advisor.