Step 2 | Apply For Your J-1 Visa
If you are a citizen of Canada or Bermuda you do not need a J-1 visa to travel to the U.S. but you do need a Form DS-2019 from Lehman.
To apply for your J-1 visa you must have a Form DS-2019 from Lehman College.
Have you applied and received a Form DS-2019?
If you answered YES, you are eligible to apply for your J-1 visa.
1. "Pay" the I-901 SEVIS Fee and "Print" the "payment receipt".
2. Complete the DS-160 Online Non-immigrant Visa Application.
3. Schedule a visa interview with the US Embassy in your country. Wait times for interview appointments vary by location, season, and visa category, so you should apply for your visa early. Check the U.S. VISA page for more information.
4. Meet with a U.S. Consular Officer for the interview.
5. Follow the final instructions the U.S. Embassy will give you after you meet with the Consular Officer.