Questions & Answers About Careers In Teaching
Does it cost money to join?
- No, everything in the program is free of charge.
How much time does it take to participate in Careers In Teaching? What will I be required to do as a member?
- You decide which programs to take advantage of. We want you to meet individually with your Counselor Advocate approximately once a month. Each semester we will offer a variety of different workshops and suggest that you plan with your Counselor the ones that are best suited for you. For most students, the commitment is 10-15 hours a semester.
How long can I be in the program?
- Until you graduate and/or transfer to another college.
Am I eligible for Careers In Teaching
- To qualify you must be a full-time Lehman student, a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident and meet the following criteria:
- Be a first generation college student (neither parent has a bachelor’s degree)
- Have a limited income (according to federal guidelines)
How do I apply?
Applications for Careers In Teaching are available on our website or can be picked up in Carman Hlal, Rm. 176. Bring a completed copy to our office and ask to see a Counselor Advocate. An appointment will be set up at a mutually convenient time to talk about the program.
Last modified: Oct 18, 2011