Summer Session Welcome
We are excited to welcome you to Summer Session 2020! We know that this is a challenging time in so many different ways, and we are glad that you are continuing to make progress toward your academic goals. All of our classes are being offered online this summer. Courses that are on the schedule with a meeting pattern will meet online during those times, so you need to attend just like you would a regular classroom-based course. Courses that do not have a meeting pattern in the schedule will not meet regularly, but they will have frequent due dates for assignments throughout the session. Please review your course syllabus carefully in Blackboard once your instructor activates the course.
Preparing for Online Learning
The Office of Online Education invites you to complete “Are You Ready?”, a one-hour online student orientation that prepares students for online learning. Note that your instructor may ask you to submit a PDF certificate that you receive upon successful completion of the orientation, be sure to save it so that you can easily retrieve it when needed. They have also prepared some additional student resources to help get you ready you for online learning, as well as a student FAQs’ page. All students taking an online class should also review a guide produced by CUNY: Distance Learning in the time of COVID-19: Tips for CUNY Students.
Important College Resources at a Glance
Advising and Counseling
- Academic Advising – View contact information for advising units and academic departments across the entire college.
- Career Services – Looking for job opportunities or a resume refresher? We are here for you!
- Counseling Office – Do you need someone to talk to during these challenging times? Online appointments are available.
- Student Disability Services – Please visit our website for information about how to submit documentation for accommodations.
Academic Support and Resources
- Information Technology – Check out our Student Resources page and contact the Help Desk with any IT issues!
- Library – Library staff are available online to help you with research requests and electronic resources.
- Tutoring – Online tutoring services are available in many academic subject areas. Take advantage of this important resource to ensure your success in your courses!
- COVID-19 status updates for Lehman College and CUNY.
- Bursar Department – Important information regarding tuition and fees and tuition payment options.
- Financial Aid – Visiting students should contact the financial aid office at their home college or university to request a “financial aid consortium agreement,” which allows them to award financial aid to their students who qualify based on tuition and fees paid to Lehman College. Students enrolled in a degree program at Lehman College need to have a FAFSA on file for 2019-20 and 2020-21.
Admissions and Registrar
- Admissions – You can contact them directly to resolve any Admissions Holds on your record. If you are taking courses this summer as a visiting or non-degree student, applications are still being accepted for the fall semester for freshman and transfer students. Application deadlines for some graduate programs have been extended as well!
- Registrar – If you are a Lehman student with a “major declaration” hold on your account, submit your major declaration online via iDeclare! Other frequently accessed services available online include TAP support (Lehman students), transcript requests, and graduation applications. Diplomas will be mailed over the summer to May graduates! You can also access summer calendars (full summer and accelerated sessions).
- Visiting Student Resource Guide – Information specifically curated for students who are enrolled in a degree program at another college or university and are taking courses at Lehman to transfer back to their home college. If you have a friend who is not a Lehman student who would like to take a course or two this summer, please refer them to www.lehman.edu/summer for information.
- Couldn’t find what you were looking for? Check out our full list of student resources.