Templates and Tools
- Bloom’s Taxonomy [PDF] - List of action verbs at each level of Bloom’s taxonomy. It can be used to assist faculty in developing student learning objectives.
- Checklist for Evaluating Written Objectives [PDF] - A useful tool for use in evaluating the effectiveness of learning objectives.
- Connecting Outcomes to Curriculum [PDF] - A useful template from the Middle States Commission on Higher Education to assist is identifying learning objectives in a curriculum.
- Curriculum Mapping [PDF] - A curriculum map from a Psychology Department that uses the IDM approach to mapping learning objectives.
- Direct and Indirect Evidence [PDF] - Examples of direct and indirect assessment techniques from Linda Suskie of the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
- Learning Goals and Assessment Techniques Template [PDF] - Derived from a template from the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, this tool will help faculty visualize how to assess student learning objectives.
- Principles of Good Practice for Assessing Student Learning [PDF] - From the American Association for Higher Education, these are the nine principles of good practices for assessing student learning.
- Rubrics to Assess Student Learning Objectives [PDF] - Eight point rubric to assess the quality of written learning objectives.
- Rubric for Evaluating Institutional Student Learning Assessment Processes [PDF] - A tool for institutions to assess the status of their current assessment efforts in terms of Middle States’ accreditation standards and expectations.
- Assessment Institute Presentation [PDF] - Presentation at 2010 Assessment Institute in Indianapolis, IN
Lehman College Templates
- Lehman Assessment Plan Template [PDF] - Faculty may use this document to submit their assessment plans to their associate dean and the assessment coordinator.
- Lehman Student Learning Assessment Report Template [PDF]- Use this document to report assessment results.
- Lehman Syllabi Guidelines [PDF] - Syllabi guidelines including required and suggested elements.
Last modified: Sep 5, 2012