NOTE: The Excelsior Scholarship application for the Fall 2020 term is now open for NEW applicants, and will close on Monday, August 31, 2010. The link to the application is found at hesc.ny.gov/excelsior. Current Excelsior Scholarship recipients, including students who first received an award in Fall 2017 or after, do not need to take any additional action for this term.
The Excelsior Scholarship is a New York State funded grant program, when combined with other grants/scholarships, will allow eligible full-time students to attend Lehman College, tuition free.
To be eligible for the Excelsior Scholarship, students are required to meet the following general criteria:
- Be a NYS resident and U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Have graduated from a High School in the United States, earned a High School Equivalency diploma, or passed the ATB Exam
- Household Income is at or below
- 2017: $100,000 (2015 Tax Return)
- 2018: $110,000 (2016 Tax Return)
- 2019: $125,000 (2017 Tax Return)
- Enrolled as a full time student, at least 12 credits (we recommend 15 credits) and complete at least 30 credits per Academic Year
- Students that are registered for Winter courses cannot use those courses towards full-time enrollment for the Spring term.
- In addition, Winter courses cannot be used to determine Good Academic Standing for the Spring term.
- Plan to reside in NYS following graduation for the length of time the award was received, and, if employed during such time, be employed in NYS
To apply for the Excelsior Scholarship, all students are required to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and NYS TAP application. Upon completing the NYS TAP application, students will be prompted to complete the Excelsior Scholarship application.
To view frequently asked questions (FAQs) on the Excelsior Scholarship program, click here. For further information, you may also contact the DegreeWorks/FACTS Support Center, via email at Excelsior.Audit@Lehman.Cuny.Edu.