- Essentials for Online Teaching: Planning Your Online Course Workshop. A 75-minute real-time workshop for faculty new to online/remote teaching. This hands-on, interactive real-time online workshop led by the Office of Online Education offers faculty and overview of established best practices for online teaching and learning while simultaneously guiding them through a more purposeful and intentional instructional plan based on these best practices.
- Preparation for Teaching Online: A Foundational Workshop for CUNY Faculty. We invite you to participate in a two-week, asynchronous, instructor-facilitated workshop, offered several times a year. The workshop models effective design and facilitation skills, and addresses pedagogical approaches to teaching online and hybrid, as well as organization and management of an online class, providing first-hand experience in online learning. You will need your supervisor's (chair's) approval before you register and be scheduled to teach a total of two online or hybrid courses within two semesters following the workshop. Faculty who successfully complete the workshop are eligible for payment based on 10 hours at their NTA rate (up to $550 total).
- Enhancing Your (Online or Hybrid) Course through the Use of Open Educational Resources (OER) Workshop. We invite you to participate in a two-week, asynchronous, instructor-facilitated workshop. You will learn how to refresh and renew your course using OER, and possibly replace a textbook. You will need your supervisor's (chair's) approval before you register and be scheduled to teach an online or a hybrid course that you plan to enhance with OER. Faculty who successfully complete the workshop are eligible for payment based on 10 hours at their NTA rate (up to $550 total).
- Professional Development Best Practices Workshops and Webinars Series. A series of workshops and webinars delivered by Lehman College faculty, for Lehman College faculty, sponsored by the Office of Online Education.
Workshops and Webinars in this Series
- Incorporating Group Work and Games to Engage Your Students Online
March 11, 2021 from 12 - 1:15 pm via Zoom
Presenters: Natasha Nurse-Clarke, Lehman College
- Creating an Engaged and Investigative Learning Environment - Even Online!
January 28th, 2020 from 12 - 1:30 pm via Zoom
Presenters: Eugenia Ektina, Rutgers University; Julie Maybee, and José Muñiz, Lehman College
- Accessibility and Universal Design for Learning (UDL) Workshop for CUNY Faculty. We invite you to join this two-week, fully online, asynchronous, instructor-facilitated workshop. The workshop provides an in-depth introduction to accessibility and UDL for online and hybrid teaching. This workshop uses a faculty development approach, which focuses on exploring and evaluating essential concepts and resources. Faculty also have an opportunity to create accessible documents and multimedia, share ideas and observations with colleagues, and receive feedback from workshop facilitators.