Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
What is Blackboard Collaborate Ultra?
Blackboard Collaborate is a real-time video conferencing tool that lets you add files, share applications, and use a virtual whiteboard to interact. Collaborate with the Ultra experience opens right in your browser, so you don't have to install any software to join a session.
Why use Blackboard Collaborate Ultra?
- Hold quick group meetings with your students
- Hold virtual office hours
- Use the recording feature to save a session for future reference, and share it with students who couldn't attend in real-time
- Bring in a guest speaker from a remote location
- Share a document or presentation, and annotate it while you discuss it together
- Allow students to share their screen by making them a presenter
- Improved simple user interface
- Breakout room feature availble for small group discussion
- No need to use a third-party provide. Easy access from Blackboard
- Watch this introductory overview video that explores the new interface.
- Visit this page to learn more. Note: You are a Moderator, you will need to promote your student to a presenter to allow them to share content.
- Review Moderator FAQs before you host a session.
- Ready to host a session? Start with Creating a Collaborate Session in Blackboard PDF.
- Record a Blackboard Collaborate Ultra Session PDF
Share with Your Students
- Before you join a session review Participant FAQs