- Ellowitch, Azi. “Authentic Communication is Key: A Case Study on the Intersection of Adult Education and Family Literacy.” Literacy Harvest/Family Literacy Forum, National Even Start Association, Vol.5 No.3, Fall 2005. [PDF]
- Ellowitch, Azi. A Curriculum in Employment: Women and the World of Work. Philadelphia: Lutheran Women's Settlement House, 1985.
- Ellowitch, Azi. Hidden Treasures: An Annotated Bibliography of Puerto Rican, Nuyorican, and Caribbean Literature for Use in Adult Basic Education. NY: Institute for Literacy Studies, 1991.
- Ellowitch, Azi. Tell Me About It: Reading and Language Activities Around Multi-Cultural Issues Based on an Oral History Approach. Philadelphia: Urban Studies and Community Services Center of La Salle University, 1986.
- Ellowitch, Azi and Karen Griswold. "The South Bronx FLITE Even Start Family Literacy Partnership: Manyara's Story." Portraits of Families: New York State Even Start Family Literacy Partnership. Albany: New York State Education Department, 2001.
- Ellowitch, Azi, Karen Griswold, Melanie Hammer, Deborah Shelton, Lena O. Townsend, & Marcie Wolfe. Portraits of Youth Programs: Education After-School. Ed. M. Wolfe. NY: Institute for Literacy Studies, 1991.
- Griswold, Karen & Claudia M. Ullman. Not a One-Way Street: The Power of Reciprocity in Family Literacy Programs. NY: Institute for Literacy Studies, 1997. (ED413420) [PDF]
- Jones, Jaye. “The Impact of Women Reading for Education Affinity & Development (WREAD).” English Quarterly, Vol. 43 No. 3-4, 2012.
- Takahashi, Chikako. “Impact of Dictionary Use Skills Instruction on Second Language Writing.” Working Papers in TESOL & Applied Linguistics, Vol. 12, No. 2, 2012.
- Wasserman, Paul, Deborah Shelton, et al. Teachers Talk: A Summary of GED Curriculum and Teaching. NY: Division of Adult and Continuing Education, CUNY Office of Academic Affairs, 1993.
- Wasserman, Paul. "What's It All About? Reflections on the Workforce Investment Act and its Implementation in New York State and New York City." Literacy Harvest, a journal of the Literacy Assistance Center, Spring 2001. [PDF]
Selected Workshops & Presentations
- Jones, Jaye. (2012, September). Teaching & Reaching: Emotionally Responsive Teaching Practices. The 8th Annual Literacy Review Workshops in Teaching Writing to Adult Basic Education, GED and ESOL Students, New York, NY.
- Takahashi, Chikako. (2012, November). Teaching Dictionary Use Skills in the Classroom. NYS TESOL 42nd Annual Conference, Albany, NY.
Last modified: Mar 11, 2013