Directions to Lehman
Lehman College is located on Bedford Park Boulevard West and Goulden Avenue in a residential area in the northwest Bronx, south of Van Cortlandt Park and west of the New York Botanical Garden-near the border of Westchester County. The 37-acre campus is situated between the Kingsbridge and Bedford Park neighborhoods, along the historic Jerome Park Reservoir. Lehman's neighbors along the reservoir include Bronx High School of Science, Walton High School, and DeWitt Clinton High School. The campus is easy to reach by car and by public transportation. Ample parking is available for a nominal fee. In addition, 6-hour munimeters are available along Goulden Avenue and Bedford Park Boulevard.
IRT No. 4 or the IND "D" line to Bedford Park Boulevard. The campus is a three-minute walk to the west. For more information about subway service to the Lehman campus, call the New York City Transit Authority at (718) 330-1234. Metro North's Harlem line has a local stop at the Botanical Gardens station. The campus is about 12 blocks due west on Bedford Park Boulevard. Call Metro North for information about fares and schedules (212) 532-4900.
Nine Bronx buses including the 2, 10, 22, and 28 have stops at Lehman College. Liberty Lines BXM4 express buses from Manhattan stop near the campus, at Bedford Park Boulevard and the Grand Concourse. Good connections are available on Westchester 20 or 20X buses from White Plains, Hartsdale, Scarsdale, and Yonkers via Central Park Avenue. The No. 4 from Yonkers also stops near the campus. For more information about taking a bus to the Lehman campus, call (718) 330-1234 (Bronx buses) or (718) 652-8400 (Liberty Lines) or (914) 682-2020 (Westchester buses).
From Manhattan - East Side
Via East River Drive to Willis Avenue Bridge (or Triborough Bridge - Bronx spur) to Major Deegan Expressway (I-87) north to Van Cortlandt Park South
exit. Follow directions from the Major Deegan Expressway.
From Manhattan - West Side
Via West Side Highway north (it becomes Henry Hudson Parkway) to Mosholu Parkway exit. Follow directions from the Henry Hudson Parkway.
- Via New York State Thruway (I-87) south (it becomes Major Deegan Expressway) to Van Cortlandt Park South exit. Follow directions from the Major Deegan Expressway.
- Via Saw Mill River Parkway south (it becomes Henry Hudson Parkway) to Mosholu Parkway exit. Follow directions from the Henry Hudson Parkway.
- Via Bronx River Parkway south to Gun Hill Road exit. Make a right from exit ramp and take Gun Hill Road West to Jerome Avenue. Turn left onto Jerome, following the elevated subway line above to W. 205 Street. Turn right, and proceed two short blocks to Goulden Avenue. Make a left onto Goulden Avenue and proceed one block. Campus is on the left.
From Queens and Eastern Long Island
- Via Grand Central Parkway to Triborough Bridge - Bronx spur to Major Deegan Expressway (I-87) north to Van Cortlandt Park South exit. Follow directions from the Major Deegan Expressway.
- Via Throgs Neck Bridge or Whitestone Bridge to Cross Bronx Expressway west to Major Deegan Expressway (I-87) north to Van Cortlandt Park South exit. Follow directions from the Major Deegan Expressway.
From New Jersey
Via George Washington Bridge to Major Deegan Expressway (I-87) north to Van Cortlandt Park South exit. Follow directions from the Major Deegan Expressway.
From the Major Deegan Expressway
Exit at Van Cortlandt Park South. From the south, bear left along the fork of the exit ramp and make a left at the traffic light. From the north, make a left at the traffic light. Proceed up the winding hill for 4 traffic lights. Immediately after 4th traffic light, make a quick right onto Goulden Avenue. Proceed two long blocks to Bedford Park Boulevard West, where the campus begins. The parking lots are on your right.
From the Henry Hudson Parkway
Exit at Mosholu Parkway. Proceed on long exit ramp. At the second traffic light, before subway underpass, turn right onto Paul Avenue for two long blocks. At
Bedford Park Boulevard, turn right and then left onto Goulden Avenue. The parking lots are on your right.
Last modified: May 7, 2010