IT Mission Statement: Deliver, Lead, Innovate
The IT Division is responsible for technology delivery, leadership and innovation to achieve Lehman's strategic vision of transforming lives and communities.
We deliver by being accountable for the reliable, service-oriented and transparent management of computing, data, network, telecommunications, help desk, multimedia and web resources that are responsive to the needs of the College.
We lead by implementing contemporary technologies that enhance the quality of teaching, learning, research and work experiences, adding measurable value for the students, faculty, staff, alumni and communities we serve.
We innovate by advancing a forward-thinking, seamless and collaborative technology environment that increases efficiency and ensures the highest quality education.
- Information about data security, email guidelines, print policies, and more.
IT Service Metrics
- Monthly View of the Availability of Key IT Systems
The Division of Information Technology provides access to computing and related technologies in support of the College's instructional, research, and administrative activities.
- Eight microcomputer classrooms
- An open lab area with over 100 microcomputers
- Printing facilities
- The Help Desk
- The Faculty lab
The entire facility is networked on a high-speed backbone, which provides access to the Internet and campus network services, including the following:
- Electronic mail
- The World Wide Web
- Remote library
- Wireless network
- Specialized departmental resources
The facility also supports two-way interactive video distribution. Access from off-campus is available for many of these resources, from any computer connected to the Web. Also in Carman Hall is Lehman's Multimedia Center, which includes the following:
- Student newsroom for Journalism students
- Production studio with audio and video control rooms
- Editing suite
- Media conversion lab
The following facilities for video conferencing and distance learning are available at the Academic IT Center and other locations on campus:
- Multimedia computer-equipped classrooms
- Distance learning satellite broadcast and reception studio/classroom under the auspices of HETS (the Hispanic Educational Telecommunications System, of which Lehman College is a founding member)
- High-speed video distance learning classroom connected to EdNet (part of New York City's institutional network)
- Three public high schools adjacent to Lehman are connected through Lehman to EdNet
Specialized equipment and software are available for students with disabilities. All rooms at the Academic IT Center may be accessed by persons with disabilities, and specialized software for visually impaired persons is available. Students and employees may also use the facilities of the Access and Technology Center, located in the Leonard Lief Library in Rooms 215 and 216.
IT staff provide consulting, documentation, educational, design, and development services to the Lehman community. The recently redesigned College Website was designed and programmed in-house by ITR's Web services team.
The Media Technology Services Office of ITR, also housed in Carman Hall, provides equipment and technical aids for the production of media presentations using photography, graphics, films, slides, and other media assets. An important film resource, which gives departments cost-free access to some 3,000 films, is available through this office's membership in the City University Film Consortium.
In addition to the centralized IT facility, individual academic departments operate computer labs to support discipline-specific applications. The Library also has significant computer resources available. Students may request information, hours of operation, and assistance by calling ITR at 718-960-7333.
- IT Newsletter
- Hours of Operation
- Faculty Lab
- Multimedia Center
- Media Technology Services
- Web Services
- IT Policies
- IT Survey
- IT for Students
- IT for Faculty & Staff
- Student Workshops
- Faculty & Staff Workshops
- Setting my Email
- Access the Campus Wireless Network