Science Education Admission Requirements
- Possess a bachelor's degree (or its equivalent) from an accredited college or university that meets New York State's requirements for a general education core in liberal arts and sciences.
- Possess an approved master's degree in an appropriate content area. Have completed a minimum of 36 credits in biology, chemistry, geology, or physics.
- Demonstrate the ability to pursue graduate study successfully by having a master's Grade Point Average of 3.0 or better.
- Satisfy the content requirements for New York State initial certification.
- Submit scores on the NYS LAST Teacher Examination and the NYS Content Specialty Test (CST).
- Submit two (2) letters of recommendation and a 500-word essay on career goals.
- Participate in an interview.
- Meet additional Departmental, divisional, and New York State requirements, if any.
- If conditionally admitted, make up requirements starting in the first semester and finishing in no more than three consecutive semesters.
Last modified: 1/24/2014