Degree Requirements and Policies
To earn a Master of Arts, Master of Science, Master of Science in Education, Master of Social Work, Master of Public Health, Master of Arts in Teaching, or Master of Fine Arts degree, a student must:
- Be formally admitted to a degree program, i.e., be matriculated. (Students cannot be matriculated simultaneously in more than one master's degree program at Lehman College.)
- Complete no fewer than 30 credits of graduate courses that are acceptable to the department of specialization.
- Maintain a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.0.
- In most programs, write a thesis based on independent research, complete an appropriate special project, and/or pass a comprehensive examination. Departmental requirements are outlined elsewhere in this bulletin.
- Complete all requirements for the degree within five years following matriculation.
- Complete all departmental requirements for the degree.
Last modified: 5/10/2013