New Transfer Students
PATHWAYS FOR TRANSFERS
If you are entering Lehman College with previous college credits in the fall semester 2013 or later, you are required to fulfill the CUNY 2013 General Education requirements at Lehman (which CUNY calls "Pathways").
The ways in which the CUNY 2013 Gen Ed apply at Lehman depend on two factors:
1.)The type of college you are transferring from: is it a CUNY college, community college or senior college, or is it a non-CUNY college?
- How many college credits will you bring with you? This depends on the evaluation of your previous college credits:
- What are the equivalent subjects or courses at Lehman for the courses you have already taken?
Do these courses (equivalent to Lehman) meet one or more of the CUNY 2013 Gen Ed requirements?
- Important notes about how requirements transfer within CUNY:
- Only the requirements which you satisfied at your previous college will count as fulfilling the CUNY 2013 Gen Ed requirements at Lehman (this is the Pathways for Transfers advantage.
- It is possible that other courses you have completed and that are counted as equivalent to Lehman courses may meet the CUNY 2013 Gen Ed requirements at Lehman, even though they did not fulfill requirements at your previous college(s).
- A single course can only satisfy one CUNY 2013 Gen Ed requirement: once a course has satisfied one requirement -- whether at your previous college(s) or at Lehman -- this course cannot be used to meet a second Gen Ed requirement. (However, it may meet other requirements such as major or minor concentration requirements or writing intensive section requirements.)
2.)If you are transferring within CUNY (you are coming from a CUNY community college or senior college), then the Gen Ed requirements which you have satisfied at your previous college(s) will count at Lehman. The fulfilled requirements transfer with you.
Click on these links to see the specific Pathways for Transfers for: