New Transfer Student Information
Welcome to Lehman College
The mission of the Financial Aid Office is to help you identify and/or qualify for all of the federal, state, city and private financial assistance for which you may be entitled. Read and follow this check list. It will help make your transfer student aid application effort successful.
- File a FAFSA each year. Enter Lehman College's federal School Code: 007022;
- File a TAP application each year. Enter Lehman College’s TAP school code: 1412;
- Respond quickly to request(s) for additional FAFSA or TAP information and/or documentation.
If you filed a FAFSA and/or TAP application without a Lehman College FAFSA or TAP code school code:
- Add Lehman College’s FAFSA school code;
- Add Lehman College’s TAP school code.
General Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP), maintaining your financial aid eligibility:
- When selecting courses, seek the advice of an academic advisor;
- Select and only enroll in courses that count toward graduation;
- Pass all of your courseswith a grade of "C" or better (some grants and scholarships may have higher standards);
- Do not drop or withdraw from any courses.
- Complete at least two thirds of all credits attempted;
- Accrue fewer than 180 attempted credits.
- TAP Satisfactory Academic Progress maintenance tips:
- Enroll full time;
- Attempt and successfully complete at least 15 credits per semester;
- Declare your major
You are allowed a total of eight (8) full-time semesters of TAP payments (or its equivalent for part-time study) for your entire undergraduate degree. Students enrolled in SEEK may receive a maximum of ten (10) full-time semesters.
Students may receive a Pell Grant for up to twelve (12) full-time semesters or its equivalent for part-time study. Read About the New Limit on How Many Semesters You May Receive a Federal Pell Grant .
- Read website accessible text-only version of the limit on how many semesters you may receive a Federal Pell Grant