Applying to the Dietetic Internship Program
The program is using the on-line centralized internship application, DICAS. Please follow the instructions carefully.
Application to the Dietetic Internship Program:
- Access the DICAS portal, e-mail DICASinfo@DICAS.org.
- Open an account through the DICAS portal. Complete all parts of the Application, including work and volunteer experience. Please do not count any practical experience that was required for a class.
- The reasons why you want to become an RD and why you are choosing Lehman College DI should be included in the personal statement in the DICAS application.
- A Verification Statement from an ACEND-approved DP program in dietetics* or a Letter of Intent to provide one, if all requirements have not yet been fulfilled by the application deadline must be included.
- A minimum of three references (one should be from a faculty member who is knowledgeable about your academic ability and one from a professional colleague or supervisor). These will be uploaded to the DICAS site.
- You must submit one official copy of each transcript to the DICAS Online service, which will verify, scan, and attach them to the application. (Students who attended an undergraduate program abroad must present original transcripts evaluated by the World Education Service or equivalent).
- A check for $50 (non-refundable application fee), payable to Lehman College, should be sent with a note indicating your name, current school and “Dietetic Internship Application” only, separately to the Dietetic Internship Director at the address below to be postmarked no later than the application deadline in mid-February.
- You are required to participate in the Computer Match; go to D and D Digital Systems to register online. The fee for the computer match is $50 and the deadline for the Spring Match is mid-February. We are listed as Herbert H. Lehman College.
Note: DICAS will be available after December 8, 2012 for the Spring 2013 Match. The on-line application must be completed for our program by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on February 15, 2013. The fee to use DICAS is $40 for the first application submitted and $20 for each additional application.
*For those students without a DP Verification Statement, enrollment in Lehman's Undergraduate Program is necessary in order to fulfill ACEND's DP requirements (Lehman's Option 1). At Lehman, the following courses: DFN 341 (Life Cycle Nutrition), DFN 330 (Quantity Food Production) or ServeSafe, DFN 348 (Nutrition and Disease I), DFN 430 (Food Services Management), DFN 437 (Nutrition Education & Counseling), DFN 445 (Advanced Nutrition), and DFN 448 (Nutrition and Disease II) are the minimum that must be taken. International students must take HSD 266 (US Health Care System).
All successful applicants who have not fulfilled the requirements for the DP Verification Statement by the deadline date but will be completing coursework in the spring semester will receive a provisional acceptance, depending on subsequent successful fulfillment of those requirements.
Students must eligible to enter Lehman's M.S. in Nutrition Program as a matriculated student to apply to the Dietetic Internship Program. Eligibilty is a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 either in the DP courses or overall. Application to the Graduate Program may be made after acceptance into the Dietetic Internship Program.
For assistance with the Application Procedure, consult your DP Director and the Academy’s website, where you can download the resources and watch the videos.
Department of Health Sciences
250 Bedford Park Boulevard West
Bronx, NY 10468
Last modified: Feb 13, 2013